Chapter 6

Elizabeth P.O.V

I felt a warm liquid on my hand and I let go of Ashton's hand remembering he had stabbed himself.

"Sorry" he smiled apologetically pulling his hand back and trying to wipe it on the side of his jeans, I saw a cut in the middle of his palm and blood had started to form "You clumsy boy," I teased.

We walked more into the woods, they were dark, and to be honest quite scary, I had never been pass the orphanage grounds and now so much wide unknown space kind of made me feel paranoid.

"Cold?" Ashton asked me glancing at my jacket.

"Not really" I replied.

"Scared?" he asked giving me a playful smile.

"Not at all," I lied.

"Liar" he laughed making me blush slightly, how could he always tell when I lied?

"You're a bad liar Lizzie, no offense," he said kissing the side of my head as he hugged me to him.

I blushed deeper and I glanced at the moon, grateful for the light it was providing over the dark forest, but to my surprise I felt a slight pang of fear as I saw it, a perfect white yellow and full.

I shuddered remembering what Todd had said about wolfs, I hope there wasn't any. I dont know what we would do if there was!

We walked more in silence stepping over branches and ducking our heads from trees. I looked back to see if the fence was still in sight but I only saw trees and darkness, I grabbed Asthon's hand tighter making him flinch from his cut "Sorry" I whispered, for some reason I didnt want to tell him I was slightly more than scared, what if he thought I didnt want to do this anymore?

We walked further in silence when Ashton stopped and hesitated looking around.

"Tired already?" I teased.

He grabbed my shoulders gently "Maybe this isn't right" he said with a slight frown.

"What do you mean?" I asked panicking a bit, oh no he thinks this was a mistake.

"Liz this is technically illegal, your 17 and I'm 18, or will be tomorrow" he said holding my gaze.

"So?" I frowned.

I dropped my gaze to the floor, maybe he didnt want this?

I mean technically he was taking responsibility for me, he probably didnt want to have me around! It made things difficult, I could see that, how were we going to survive? Where would we live? Things were going to be tough and it made sense if he only wanted to lookout for himself.

 But to have him leave me in the orphanage would be too painful.

I didnt want him to leave me to be honest.

It would hurt too much to be separated, since day one I had depended on him so greatly that things would be too painful without him!

I couldnt see myself back at the orphanage with only Stephanie and Todd, no Ashton meant no life for me.

 "So I want to be completely 100% percent sure you want this" he said softly snapping me out of my toughts.

"Of course I do, why wouldnt I want to be with you?" I asked.

"Liz to be honest, I have no idea how much further we're going to have to walk to get to the road, I know I'm completely insane for thinking this, things are going to be...well hard" he said.