Chapter 8

Ashton P.O.V

It's over, I thought.

I had forgotten about the damn hunter! And now he was taking us back to the orphanage, so much for trying to escape.

I was so tense and angry, I could practically hear Elizabeth gulping, her hand was shaking in mine and I knew she was scared, I myself was shaking also but not from fear, from anger.

I stared at the greedy hunter, if only he didnt have a rifle I could take him down and leave him unconscious and we could escape, but it had to be a damn hunter who found us.

I was kind of wishing it had been an animal now.

"GO" the hunter yelled trying to make us walk.

I glanced at Liz, she seemed to be planted on her spot, whille I slightly moved, yet when I did she gripped my hand firmly not letting me walk any further.

I glanced at her again and for a quick second I saw determination on her face making me groan internally, this wasnt good.

"No" she said with such a firm stern voice I was surprised myself, "What?" the hunter asked her clearly surprised too.

"I said no! We're not going back!" she repeated with anger.

"Oh yes you are before I leave you with a hole between your eyes!" the hunter said warningly.

 I gripped her hand tightly "Come on Liz, lets just go" I tried pleading, I didnt want her getting killed.

"NO Ashton we are NOT going back!" she replied sternly.

I frowned at her, what was she thinking now? That we could really escape with a rifle pointing at us? I took a peek at the rifle myself, what if that thing didnt even have bullets? 

Why would the guy have a rifle with no bullets? I asked myself.

 "Lizzie lets go please babe, I dont want us getting killed" I whispered the last few words.

"I said NO Ashton!" she repeated again frowning tearfully.

The hunter was getting impatient and threatened us again "If you dont move I'm going to shoot you guys!" he said "I dont mind taking you both with a wound on the leg or arm, the more hurt you guys are the better for me, it'll seem like I did much more work" he laughed.

"Do it!" Elizabeth challenged him.

I widened my eyes at her "Liz!" I said pulling on her hand, I would not let her get killed!

 "Sir please, I dont think you've understood, we're both 18, we dont belong in the orphanage" she said.

 I was a little proud of her for being so determined, but not so much in this situation.

The hunter smirked at her "I like it when they get all feisty" he said "But now move it bunny" he said making me go cold all over. 

"Don't call her that!' I said at the same moment Elizabeth said "Dont call me that".

The hunter smirked again and let out a huge puff of air "We can do this the easy way or we can do this the hard way" he said.

We were both silent, but we didnt move, it was obvious we werent going to go anywhere soon.

 "Okay the hard way" he said taking a fast step forwards and swinging the end of his rifle hard so that the end of it slammed into the side of my face.