Chapter Eight: Dinner Of Sacrifice

While school was in session for the Zars and Agent Kids, Moloch had returned to the headquarters of the Dark Abyss Cult. It turns out that the capital city of Dark Abyss is actually a moving, artificial island. This flying city is known as Murguol, a word that's Oridian for 'Heart of Death'.

Moloch, as well as the other Grimoires and Shields of Dark Abyss, were gathering for their dinner of sacrifice. This tradition was a combination of dinner and sacrifice for Nousaurong. Unlike Earthly traditions, members of the Cult of Nousaurong are forbidden to eat plants of animals. Instead, they eat other humans for dinner, and they drink their blood instead of water or wine. But before then, they must decapitate their victim as an offering for Nousaurong. A famous meal of the dinner of sacrifice is Soil&Green. The main ingredient: people.

Tons of hooded men were standing around the table, chanting. Underneath their hoods where ceremonial masks that looked like skulls.

"Bring in our Dinner of Sacrifice!", said Shadowking.

A screaming child who looked no older than 5 was brought before the Cultists. Shadowking grabbed a ceremonial dagger and cut the poor child's head clean off.

Shadowking was a creepy bald old man with tattoos all over his body. He wore black robes. He also had white eyes. On his forehead was the Mark of Nousaurong.

Everyone stopped chanting.

"O mighty Nousaurong, we offer you our daily sacrifice! O mighty father of darkness, in return for sacrifice, you feed us with this child's body! O mighty God of Death, King of Asmeth, King of Hell, you are our everlasting god! Thou who holds the gift of immortality, thou who allows us to live past the End of Days, we thank you for blessing us infinite power! Life is finite, but thou are infinite! He who was betrayed by his brother, by his creations, we will ensure that they pay dearly for their transgressions. May your will be done! May Nousaurong's will be done!", said Shadowking.

"MAY NOUSAURONG'S WILL BE DONE!!!!!!!!", chanted the Cultists.

All the Cultists left the room, but all of the Grimoires and Shields stayed.

"Let us eat," said Shadowking.

"Master Shadowking, why would you order me to spare the Chosen One? We could've ended Nousaurong's greatest threat long before he could even become a threat!", said Moloch.

"Now, now, Moloch. It's inevitable that Nousaurong will return, not even this, Chosen One, can stop him. He will destroy everything, and he'll be unstoppable. But, one-sided fights don't catch my fancy. I just wanna make things more.........interesting. This is all one big game. I was lowering the Chosen One into a greater trap. John Zar is still behind bars for a reason, and that's because I intended to use him as bait. I didn't want to end the fight so soon," said Shadowking, in a calm, quiet voice.

Someone entered the halls. It was a girl, no more than twelve. She had a very short blond hair, and an awesome haircut. She had an Ultragauntlet. She was very slim. She looked like Waldo, but had a feminine façade.

"I for one am looking forward to meeting the other Waldo! I heard he's as good as you can get! Talk about a do-gooder!", she said.

"Waldo, I never thought you'd come back so soon. How was the mission?", said Shadowking.

"Good, those Oridian guards were jokes! I was looking forwards to getting a better kill streak! Taking lives is what I do! But now, those pitiful Oridians will allow me to go down in history.........as the girl who slaughtered the King of Oridia! I'm still ticked off you haven't made me a Grimoire! I'm dying to join your ranks!", said Waldo Nightshade.

"YEAH!!!!!! WHY DON'T I GET TO BE A GRIMOIRE EITHER!!!!!!", screamed a cyborg.

"Obviously because you're weak, General Saverong! Anyone could be a cyborg!", said Waldo.

"HEY, AT LEAST I AIN'T PHANTOM AND NIGHTMARE!!!!!!", said the cyborg,

A miniature two headed creature came onto Saverong's shoulder and screamed in his ears.

"OF COURSE YOU'RE NOT US!!!!!! WE'RE WAY MORE EVIL!!!!!", screamed one of the heads.

"DON'T YELL IN MY EARS!!!!!", said Saverong.

"But if you're a cyborg, can't you turn down the volume!", said the other head.

"NO, BECAUSE MY EARS ARE SUPERSONIC!!!!!", screamed Saverong.

"Now now, let's not fight. You are all my Dark Guardians, I expect more," said Shadowking.

"Sorry I'm late for Dinner of Sacrifice, father," said a voice.

Shadowking turned. Another person had returned to the halls. It was a thirteen year old girl, but she had very pale skin. Her hair always covered her face. She wore a shriveled up dress. She looked like a child that was possessed by a demon, particularly the ghost from the horror movie, "The Ring".

"Nightmare Lady, welcome to dinner," said Shadowking.

"Thanks for the food, father," said Nightmare Lady.

"Now to discuss our enemies. Moloch, what was the Chosen One like?", said Shadowking.

"Weaker than insects! Although he's being accompanied by Godslayer Waldo. He has a big team, consisting of the elite Agent Kids and his siblings," said Moloch.

"Godslayer Waldo, Emperor Deathshadow's greatest enemy and killer. Hmmmmmmmm, sounds very interesting," said Shadowking.

"They're also being accompanied by Witchdoctor and her team," said Moloch.

"So that pathetic Witchdoctor is in on this?! Interesting, I can't wait to slit her throat off.......no, cut her head clean off......no, incinerate her completely until only her blood is left! I heard the other me and the other Witchdoctor are a couple! NASTY!!!!!", said Waldo Nightshade.

"We will wait a week until we begin our next attack. I want the Chosen One to be a little bit more of a threat when we come back for the Book of the Dead," said Shadowking.

"WHAT?!!!!! WE COULD COME BACK FOR HIM AND IT NOW!!!!!!", yelled Moloch.

"Simmer down, Moloch. We need to be strategic. If Godslayer is involved in this, we cannot underestimate him. Emperor Deathshadow underestimated him, and he got killed," said Shadowking.

"Well in the meantime, why don't I sneak into SAFE and gain some info on the Chosen One and this Godslayer. After all, I am great at blending in," said Waldo Nightshade.

"It would be great to have a spy within SAFE. If you find out anything dangerous, notify us immediately, and don't engage them. The Agent Kids and Chosen One are expecting us to attack," said Shadowking.

"I wanna know what this Waldo Zar is like. Besides, it'll be a great opportunity to steal the Book of the Dead under their noses," said Waldo Nightshade.

"True, throughout the years, we have resorted to brute force as a method of taking the Book of the Dead. However, I like to be quiet, and cunning. When this day ends, we will show them the terror that we......the Cult of Nousaurong possess! May Nousaurong's will be done!", said Shadowking.