Chapter Twenty Seven: Death And Rebirth

Waldo ran towards the girl who was No Name and hugged her to the point where her back made a cracking sound.

"Waldo! Waldo! Please let me go! I just came back from the dead!", said the girl.

Waldo let go.

"You had no idea how much I missed you! We all thought you had died! I cried over your death! How did you survive?! You were killed right in front of my eyes?! Are you the Vanessa we know, or the Vanessa from this universe?", said Waldo.

"I am the Vanessa you know and love, and the one that's known and hated by everyone else! Indeed, I did survive Fire Law. Although, it was just dumb luck!", said Vanessa.

"How?", said Waldo.

"When Dark Cranky casted Fire Law, I had indeed died that day. I vanished from the world of the living, and found myself at the Gates of Heaven. There, I was approached by Exzar, the God of Light. I yearned for death and atonement, I pleaded him to let me enter Heaven so I could see my brother. But Exzar forbade me from doing so! He told me I was still rotten deep down inside because I sacrificed myself. He told me that dying isn't the way to atone your sins, but that living is. He told me that taking your own life is just as bad as taking someone else's. So, he gave me a new mission that could atone my sins, defeat the Cult of Nousaurong. He sent me back to the world of the living, but this time, I was in Spacechase. I saw familiar faces, but they looked and acted differently. Knowing that I was an fugitive to both the good guys and the bad guys, I concealed myself with a mask and became a nameless enemy of the Cult. I became No Name," said Vanessa.

"So you're Vanessa Stevenson, one of the Five Missing Children who disappeared 3 years ago? I take it you were sent to outer space as well?", said Shawn.

"Yes, but Waldo and I were enemies for most of the war. I fought for the Dark Legion, abducted children throughout the known universe, and killed thousand upon thousands of people. I had a black heart driven by false freedom. Although, I was just another one of Deathshadow's abused and deceived victims. Then I sought to kill myself for killing others. So, I killed myself as atonement by sacrificing myself to save Waldo, but then I was revived," said Vanessa.

"If you killed thousands of people, how are YOU able to hold Waldo's sword?! I heard that weapon has some 'worthiness' thing," said Shawn.

"She sacrificed herself to save others, she saved thousands of people! And she saved ME, who saved billions of people!", said Waldo.

"Why do you make everything about you all the time, it's so old!", said Shawn.

"In any case, please tell no one of my name. The Multiverse is better off knowing that the villainous Kurse is dead. My identity as Vanessa is dead and cursed. No one must know I still live, not our enemies or even our allies! Promise?", said Vanessa.

"You know, there are those who prefer to isolation, like you do. I understand that. But, not a single person can endure it! When you sacrificed yourself, people saw you as a hero that day, not as the villain you describe yourself to be! We built a tomb for you, and it's quite lovely. We honored you, but it wasn't just the Agent Kids that did so. A few thousand Galtraxians have honored you. So I must say this, you can't hide from who you are, but you can change who you are," said Waldo.

"Until the day people don't see me as an enemy, I am nameless for now. Bye bye, Vanessa, the burdened name. Hello, No Name, the nameless hero," said Vanessa.

Vanessa put her mask on again, sealing away her face and name once more.