Chapter Twenty Three: Shawn's History

It was nighttime, for real. Everyone decided to go to bed. Waldo decided to take the first nightshift on being alert for a possible enemy attack. Witchdoctor warned everyone that due to the immense of amount of darkness in the air, everyone was likely to experience their worst nightmares and memories of all.

Everyone else fell asleep.

Shawn had very uneasy dreams. He had dreams about his past.

It was three years ago. He was fourteen, and Waldo was presumed dead. Four other children were also presumed dead: Michael Stevenson, Vanessa Stevenson, Jonathan Ivan, and Lina Nightshade.

Shawn began grieving over his brother's death from that point forwards. To ease his conscience, he picked on people. He gained an anxiety since then, and it got worse further on.

He often played the tough mean guy to hide away his grief. Even before Waldo's presumed death, he had anger issues. He was diagnosed with what was thought to be ADHD, although no one was quite sure if that was true. But after that moment, it got worse.

A month after his brother's presumed death, a school shooting had occurred. A boy came dressed in black robes, and concealed his face with hood and mask that had a strange symbol on it. He held a bump stock and began firing away.

Shawn was terrified. His one and only girlfriend, Margaret Stevenson, was shot dead in the chest. All of his friends in his made-up rock band were also massacred by the bullets. The only thing Shawn could do was cry in terror and grief. Then an anger sprung in him, a demonic force.

The shooter approached him, and Shawn had a switchblade in his pocket. The shooter was about to shoot Shawn.

However, the shooter had to reload. That gave Shawn the opportunity to beat him. So Shawn tackled the shooter and began beating him up until he bled.

The mask came flying off. The shooter was Amon Goeth, a boy who used to pick on Shawn as a boy. Amon Goeth also talked about some weird primordial deity named Nousaurong, and said that he was gonna take away the life of Jack.

With all his anger, Shawn swiped his switchblade across Amon Goeth's throat. Blood spewed out of his neck, and the shooter was dead.

"May Nousaurong's will be done!", said the shooter, with his final breath.

As the result of murdering a school shooter, Shawn was tried for murder. Luckily for him, because he killed someone who threatened the lives of others, Shawn didn't have to go to jail.

For some strange reason, the hooded Cultists of Nousaurong reminded Shawn of this school shooter. Maybe the shooter actually worshipped Nousaurong, himself.

A year had passed since the death of Waldo, since the Jumptown School Shooting. Shawn became really popular at school, both in a good way and a bad way. Shawn was both the hero of Jumptown High, and the murderer of Amon Goeth. However, despite his popularity, Shawn had no true friends to call his own. All of his friends were murdered, including his girlfriend.

As a result, Shawn had gained even more anxiety than before.

"HEY LOOK, IT'S SHAWN THE MURDERER!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE RUN, THIS KID'S GONNA SHOOT UP THE SCHOOL!!!!!!!", laughed a mean kid.

"WOW, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DIDN'T GO TO JAIL FOR MURDERING SOMEONE!!!!", laughed a mean girl.

"Shut up, I saved all your lives from that shooter!", said Shawn.

"Where's your hot girlfriend?! Where's your cool rock band?!", laughed another kid.

For that whole year, people were making fun of him for all his grief.

It was just last year, and yet, another school massacre occurred. This time, it was a bombing. This time, the bomber never got caught, or even identified. What was weirder was that this bomber didn't even have a weapon, or was ever seen. Shawn was the only one who ever got a glimpse of the murder's face. People thought someone used a grenade this time.

The school was blown to pieces by explosions. The lockdown procedure was totally useless.

59 students were killed.

All that Shawn could make up from this bomber was a girl who looked no older than 13. She wore a shriveled up black dress. Her hair covered her face, and she looked as though she were possessed by a demon.

What was even weirder was that as soon as he caught a glimpse of her, the bomber disappeared into darkness. That person wasn't quite human.

Then of course, there was the Locrithian Invasion, followed by the Blood Clan's conquest of the world.

Shawn always felt misunderstood. Perhaps this mysterious Nousaurong wanted him dead for some reason, and he wasn't even the Chosen One.

Then what spooked him above all else........was his recent fight against Moloch at SAFE. He remembered what Moloch said to him...........that he was his father.

"I am your father! John Zar is the one who kidnapped you!", said Moloch.

Shawn woke up.

Shawn wondered if that was true. If that were the case, Shawn was a Dark Elf. If that were true..........Shawn was a part of one of THE most hated, and evil races in all of Spacechase. Shawn could speak and understand Elvish, and he had anger issues. He knew for a fact his angry behavior wasn't because he had ADHD. Just who was he?!