Chapter Ten: The Library

During a day at SAFE Academy, in between the second and third classes, there was Break. Break, as it's name would suggest, was the time when people got to relax and hang out with their friends.

The Agent Kids decided to hang out at the Library. Waldo figured they'd start their search for the Book of the Dead there.

The Library of SAFE was huge! It was about as big as an entire town. There were endless rows of bookshelves.

"NO FAIR!!!!!!! YOU, OUT OF EVERYONE IN POTIONS CLASS, MANAGED TO BREW A VIAL OF LIQUID LUCK!!!!!!! I DIDN'T GET TO DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!", yelled Shawn.

"Just be glad you're free!", said Jack.

"Yeah Shawn, at least you didn't get your face blown up!", said Waldo.

"We sure have some interesting teachers so far: our mom and a guy who can only yell. This is so cool! I normally hate school, but I can make an exception! It brings me back to the days before the Dark Legion and the Blood Clan ruled the Earth!", said Jack.

"Believe me, I haven't been to school since I was lost in outer space," said Waldo.

"What are we doing at the library?! I wanna go find some kids who might be gambling for something," said Shawn.

"Gambling? I don't know you can gamble," said Waldo.

"No, he can. He gambled a lot at Jumptown High! Not to mention, during our days as slaves of the Blood Clan, Shawn gambled a lot with all of our cellmates," said Jack.

"So, what happened in the aftermath of my final battle against Emperor Deathshadow?", said Waldo.

"Well, all the nations of the Earth had fallen, so there was no government left to maintain order. So as a result, the Blood Clan used this to their advantage. They took over the world, and abducted children all around the world. We were a few of those children. The orphanage we went to, Diego's Orphanage, was turned into a prison. I was amazed that my siblings and I never got split up. We were forced to worship Nousaurong, and at that time, I didn't know who he was. Not to mention, I mispronounced his name too many times to count, all of the guards got angry about that. I lost a few friends of mine. To pass the time away, we often gambled with other people. We waited six months for freedom, and then you showed up. Thank you so much for freeing us. I am so glad you are well and alive," said Jack.

"Don't thank me, I'm kinda the reason why the nations of the Earth fell in the first place. Emperor Deathshadow attacked the Earth as a method of striking fear into my heart. Though it's true I freed you in the end, and stopped Deathshadow, you waited six months to be freed," said Waldo.

"So wait, what's gonna happen to the Earth now. I mean, aren't you worried the Superior's surviving subordinates are gonna try and reclaim the Earth," said Jack.

"They can try! After I defeated the Blood Clan, I sent an army of Galtraxians to help maintain order and rebuild the fallen cities of the Earth. So I highly doubt a leaderless group of terrorists can outsmart an interstellar empire," said Waldo.

"I've been wondering, if mom is a Martian, and dad is an Oridian, does that mean we aren't humans of Earth?", said Jack.

"Precisely," said Waldo.

"When you were in outer space, and fighting against the Dark Legion, did you ever encounter any Martians?", said Jack.

"No, I have never once seen the Martian Empire. Although, according to Zoldan, it was technologically advanced 10 thousand years ago," said Waldo.

"Zoldan, that small ten year old? So wait, she's thousands of years old?", said Jack.

"Well, her race has a very slow aging process. A Zalkanian year would equal a thousand human years," said Waldo.