Chapter Twenty Four: Waldo's History

While Shawn was having nightmares of the Jumptown High School Massacres, Waldo had nightmares of his traumatic past.

Three ago, Waldo was abducted by an alien empire known as the Dark Legion, the military junta led by Emperor Deathshadow. A ship came out of the blue and took him away. Luckily, he got out of the ship. However, he was lost in space, and was caught in a war between the Galtraxians and the Dark Legion.

For three years, Waldo mostly spent his time being a Galtraxian doctor and bioengineer. After years of wanting revenge against the Dark Legion, Waldo's guardian and mentor, White Azento, enlisted Waldo to join a tournament known as the Tournament of Elementors.

The Tournament of Elementors was an unbeatable game and test hosted on the Galtraxian moon known as Thronia.

There he took on seven impossible tests: the Trial of Speed, the Trial of Valor, the Trial of Sight, the Trial of Strength, the Trial of Instinct, the Trial of Power, and the Trial of Temptation.

There, Waldo made friends for the first time.

After he won, he fought against the Dark Legion at the Battle of Galtraxia City. Then after, he remained as a vigilante hero in Galtraxia, due to his actions of committing treason when the government became corrupted by Locrithian spies.

So Waldo and his friends had to deal with fighting both his enemies and his allies.

When the Locrithian spies attempted to eradicate Galtraxia from the inside out using a terrible weapon called the Octagon, Waldo told the government the truth that was hidden all along. As a result, the government was torn apart for a brief moment. Though it was short, many people died due to both Waldo's actions, Deathshadow's actions, and the government's actions. The city of celebration, Independence, was engulfed in fire and war. Luckily, most people saw him as a hero, but Waldo felt regretful for the causalities of the collateral damage. Though it was Deathshadow's fault, Waldo blamed himself.

There was one other thing that bugged Waldo during that war, he lost two really good friends of his: Michael Stevenson and his sister, Vanessa Stevenson.

Vanessa Stevenson was Waldo's childhood friend, who became deranged under Emperor Deathshadow's influence. Waldo sought to save her.

During an infiltration mission, Waldo disguised himself as a slave of the Dark Legion. There he encountered a boy named Michael Stevenson, the long-lost brother of Vanessa. Michael's one and only prayer was to reunite with Vanessa. However, Michael's dream never came true, for he took a literal bullet for Waldo. Michael sacrificed himself, and Waldo became regretful for not fulfilling his promise.

Then eventually, Waldo persuaded Vanessa. Vanessa was brought into the light again, and sought to atone her wrongdoings, even if it meant losing her life.

During Waldo's final battle against Deathshadow, Vanessa sacrificed herself to save Waldo from an immensely powerful spell that could destroy an entire continent. Once more, Waldo felt regretful for not saving a friend.

Waldo's friends often blamed their enemy for killing Michael and Vanessa, but Waldo felt that it was his fault for not saving them. He felt he was too weak.

Even after the war, Waldo dealt with enemies. After the Galtraxian Uprising claimed many lives, lots of people sent death threats to Waldo for 'killing' the victims of collateral damage.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!", screamed Waldo.

Waldo woke up in terror. He threw his pillow off his bed. He could never forget the terror he encountered. Deathshadow's shadow would always live within him.