Chapter Fourteen: Practice Makes Perfect

While Waldo and the original Agent Kids searched for the Book of the Dead, Jack and his siblings decided to hang out at Witchdoctor's dormitory. Jack was amazed by how big Witchdoctor's dormitory was, it was the size of a mansion.

There was a first floor and a second floor. The first floor was where the training room was. The second floor was where everyone relaxed.

Witchdoctor's dorm mates were: Rainbow, Lia, Nya, Abigail, Zalda, and the alternate versions of Elsa and her friends.

Jack hung out at the training room, thinking about what Grandma Zar said. Overcoming obstacles, fears, and believing in oneself. All of those were hard for Jack to comprehend.

Luckily, Witchdoctor left Jack a really helpful guidebook for Jack to unlock his powers: RICHIE'S GUIDE TO ELEMENTORS

According to the book, the best way to harness your powers to some extent was to meditate. This technique was known as the Zen Technique. It was a method for discovering one's powers within.

So Jack began meditating, breathing in and out. The only thing he thought of was his abilities, his memories, and his strengths/weaknesses.

He thought of himself. Jackson Zar, son of John and Jenna Zar. Brother of Waldo Zar, his brother who disappeared 3 years ago, and returned. Friend of Lina Nightshade, one of the Five Missing Children (which also included: Waldo, Vanessa, Michael, and Jonathan). The Chosen One, the one destined to destroy Nousaurong.

He tried to imagine the power that surges within his body. His power was the power of light and of all things good. So maybe he had to think of everything good.

A voice began speaking inside his head, it was the voice of the old man he saw when he touched the Sword of Exzar.

"Chosen One, I am Exzar, God of Light and all things good. I am your grandfather. I congratulate you for coming this far," said the voice.

Jack was taken back to the white void. The old man was standing before him.

"If you're the one who vanquished Nousaurong the first time, can't you kill him again?", said Jack.

"No, I cannot. Nousaurong did as much damage to me as I did to him. I am not as strong as I once was. I am nothing that can slay Nousaurong again. But you, on the other hand, might just do the impossible......something I could never do......and that is to stop Nousaurong for good. Your powers lie dormant within you. You must unlock them. Now breathe, just breath," said Exzar.

Jack breathed and closed his eyes while in the vision.

"Now, what do you see," said Exzar.
"Light........darkness............the balance," said Jack.

"Indeed. Now, to master the powers of light, you must feel it. Light is the essence of good, so just think of all things good," said Exzar.

Jack looked at his hands. They were glowing intensely.

"Now, open you eyes, for real. Just examine how far you've already come," said Exzar.

Jack was gone from the void. He opened his eyes, he was back at Witchdoctor's dorm. Shawn was staring at Jack, his mind was blown.

"What's happening with you hands?!", said Shawn.

Jack looked at his hands, they were glowing very bright.

"WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!", said Jack.

"For a loser, you're amazing! But I'm on fire!", said Shawn.

Shawn's hands began burning bright with fire.

"That's a little joke for you!", said Shawn.

"Yeah, you're always a hothead," said Jack.

The door opened. Waldo and the Agent Kids had returned, along with Resizaboy.

"Just on time! Hey Waldo, check this out!", said Jack.

"No, check this out!", said Shawn.

Waldo was mind blown.

"I'm all fired up for Gladiatorial Combat!", said Jack.

"Me too!", said Shawn.

The bell had rung. It was time to go to their final class of the day: Gladiatorial Combat