Chapter Thirteen: Preparing For Gladiatorial Combat

In between the fourth and fifth classes of the day, there was another Break. Unlike the last Break, this Break was super long. This way, people could practice the skills they learned in their previous classes more efficiently. This Break lasted for nearly 4 hours, from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM.

Everyone decided to split up into groups. Waldo, Witchdoctor, and the 10 founding Agent Kids decided to search the library for the Book of the Dead. Meanwhile, Jack and his siblings practiced the skills they learned from their classes so they could be prepared for Gladiatorial Combat Class.

In the Library, Waldo and his group searched the shelves.

"Hey Witchdoctor, back at Elementor Class, Grandma Zar mentioned that mom said the word 'Surtr' after she escaped prison. Have you ever heard that word? Have you ever heard the name 'Surtr' before?", said Waldo.

"I heard of a mythological fire demon named Surtr. He is said to live underneath a mountain in a kingdom of fire. They call him the Sword of Doom. If you wanna learn more about Surtr, go look for the book RICHIE'S GUIDE TO LEGENDS," said Witchdoctor.

"Yeah, in what shelf do I find that book?", said Waldo.

"Go ask the Librarian! A little warning, he's very grumpy, and never smiles," said Witchdoctor.

"Okay thanks," said Waldo.

"Waldo, should I come help you?", said Resizagirl.

"Sure, after all, we are boyfriend and girlfriend now," said Waldo.

"Don't go all smoochie smoochie!", said Leo.

So Waldo and Resizagirl went together, just the two of them, to seek the Librarian. They walked for a half hour until they finally found a man in a big desk.

He looked as though he never smiled. He was about 80 thousand years old.

"Hello. May I help you? You better not be one of them couples out there. I am sick of seeing people smooching," said the old man, in a grumpy tone.

"Yes, we're looking for RICHIE'S GUIDE TO LEGENDS. What's your name?", said Waldo.

"Oscar Grouch!", moaned the old man.

"Oscar Grouch? Not Oscar THE Grouch? You're not from Sesame Street?", said Waldo.

Oscar Grouch just stared at them, not amused, with a straight face, and very emotionless.

"Ummmmmmmmmmm............are you okay?", said Waldo.

"Let's go find the book you seek. Then get outta my sight. I hate couples. I hate humans," said Oscar Grouch.

So Oscar Grouch guided Waldo and Resizagirl to a bookshelf. In the shelf was a book titled RICHIE'S GUID TO LEGENDS.

"There you are sir," said Oscar Grouch.

"Thank you, sir," said Waldo.

Oscar just stared at Waldo, with a very straight face.

"Do you ever laugh?", said Resizagirl.

"No!", said Oscar Grouch, in a very deep and grumpy voice.

The Librarian left them.

Waldo and Resizagirl opened the guidebook. They turned the pages. There were so many legends, from the Legend of Exzar and Nousaurong to the Legend of the Female Dwarf, etc.

Suddenly, they came across a page with a fire demon drawn on it. It was Surtr. This was the page they were looking.

"Surtr, this is it!", said Waldo.