SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
( THE BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION )

WHEN NICK WOKE UP the next day to his mom making a large breakfast, he wasn't expecting for a Spring Central soccer player to show up later at day

People started showing up around noon. The first to show up were his uncle and niece, and Nick hung out with the now eleven year old while they waited for everyone else, wanting to spend time with the person he shared a birthday with before they both got distracted by their friends. Then his friends showed up, and Anita stole Valery away from Nick to show her all the presents she already had while Nick and Marty went to the kitchen to try and sneak some food away. They almost made it, but Ryan Berry caught them, unfortunately. A few more family members came, along with a friend or two of Valery's, and then Gwen Stacy showed at the same time as James Rogers.

The only people who were left were Peter and Olivia. Peter had texted Nick saying he would be running late, and that Ned was unable to make to it due to the fact he was having a day out with his mom, while Olivia hadn't texted him at all since was running on time yet had a shocking surprise with her – Anthony Green, her older twin brother and a soccer player for Spring Central. Nick nearly slammed the door shut at seeing him just because of the rivalry the two schools had, among with the fact that Anthony had been the one to tell Max Malone to trip him. His excitement died down a little bit as he stared at Anthony, his eyes slowly going over to Olivia.

"We had no choice, Nick, don't be pissed," Olivia rushed out after he let them in. Anthony made a beeline to the living room where everyone else was, meanwhile Nick and Olivia stayed by the now closed door. "Our mom thought it'd be a good idea! Especially since she's friends with your uncle, okay? Which is cool, actually, that they're friends and so are we... Anyway, I'm sorry I had to bring him, she wouldn't let us say no. Really, the ass wouldn't be here if it was up to either of us."

With a clenched jaw, Nick let out a slow breath of air through his nose. Honestly? He wanted to be pissed at Olivia, but the smarter and kinder part of him knew he shouldn't be. Like she had said, it wasn't her choice, or her brother's, and when a mother had a her mind set on something, it wasn't going to change.

Slowly he opened his mouth to speak, "I'm not mad. I want to be, if I'm being honest, but... Yeah, I'm not pissed. But if he makes one wrong comment or does something, I-."

"I'll make sure he won't," the blonde spoke quickly. "Just as long as you don't throw a water bottle at him."

"Well, he did tell someone to trip me, so I think- okay, I won't, don't worry," he said, and then held out his pinky, interrupting his first thought as to not upset the girl. "I pinky promise."