THIRTY-EIGHT

THIRTY-EIGHT
( STORMY WEATHER )

THIRTY-EIGHT( STORMY WEATHER )

Mid-July, 2016

"AW, MAN, IT'S RAINING," Peter complained as they stepped out of Evie's Bakery, frowning in disappointment as he pulled up the hood of his rain jacket.

Nick glanced at him as he zipped up his own jacket, and fixed the baseball cap on his head. "You knew it was going to," he said. His brows furrowed and glared at a man who had rudely shoved into his shoulder as they walked, not giving a care he had run into Nick. He stopped glaring, though, as he felt Peter's hand intertwine with his, and the teen relaxed a bit as they continued to walk down the wet sidewalk, avoiding small puddles and getting poked in the eye by an umbrella as people rushed by. "That weather app told you."

"But still, I was hoping we'd have time to walk around Times Square," Peter told him, slightly pouting about the situation.

"I was too. We can always do that another time, though," Nick said and smiled reassuringly at Peter who smiled right back, the ever so slightly taller boy making the other's heart beat a bit faster. Nick quickly looked away and to the ground, still smiling as his cheeks turned the slightest bit pink. There was no denying that since the start of dating Peter his feelings have simply grown. He didn't know how to really handle that information, because he would have thought he wouldn't be flustered still by Peter but yet here he was, blushing and getting butterflies. Just a week ago, Peter has made him stumble over his words for literally no reason; Peter had just looked at Nick. Simple as that.

Right then, loud sirens were heard and not too soon later, police cars were zooming by, splashing some water onto the sidewalk. Nick blinked and stopped walking with Peter, looking at him with raised eyebrows. He looked hesitant to go; it was clear he wanted to both stay with Nick yet also go and help as Spider-Man. Nick nudged Peter with his elbow.

"Just go, I'll meet you at your place."

Peter looked at him with slightly wide eyes that soon showed confusion. "Are you sure?"

"Mhm. Just don't come back in a bodybag," Nick said.

The brunet boy grinned and nodded. "I'll come back alive, I promise. See you later okay?" Peter then have him a quick kiss and ran off, heading to an alleyway to change, Nick standing there for a second or two to process what just happened. Even after dating since May, he still wasn't used to being randomly kissed by Peter.

Nick quickly shook his head and continued walking, a backpack being thrown at him as he passed the alley. He stumbled and nearly fell on his butt, but balanced himself and securely held onto the backpack that was slowly getting soaked thanks to the rain.

"Take that home so it doesn't get stolen again, thanks, bye!"

A blur of red and blue then swung passed his vision, and the words had been spoken so fast Nick barely understood. He got the gist of it, though, and easily put one strap of the backpack over one of his shoulders, glancing up as Spider-Man swung between buildings with ease to catch up with the police. A few pedestrians cheered at seeing Spider-Man, and some even groaned and rolled their eyes, but quite a few of them had attempted to take pictures and videos. Nick smiled to himself and started heading to the place where the Parker's lived once again.