THIRTY-ONE

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
( UNEXPECTED RUN-INS )

NICK PROBABLY HAD MORE fun being suspended than he probably should have

NICK PROBABLY HAD MORE fun being suspended than he probably should have. Sure, he was grounded from the Internet and watching TV, but Dan Berry caved in and let the teen still be able to hang out with some friends. The man didn't want the kid to have nothing to do, and he was pretty sure Nick would've snuck out to visit some friends anyway if he had grounded him from seeing them. The day that he got sent home, after Mary Jane had left once giving Nick the missing notes and homework, Marty came by after getting finished with spending time with Olivia some. The two friends hung out a bit and talked and caught up the best they could with not being as close as they were. The next day, Anthony skipped school and they spent time at some arcade before the light brunet decided to go home a little after school got let out.

Currently, during the third and final day of Nick's suspension, Nick was out in the city with Marty (a surprise to both boys, actually), Richie and Flash after school hours were over, the four having decided to hang out. Though currently, Richie and Flash were in a comic store while Nick and Marty were in a tiny antique store across the street. They both said it was because they just didn't want to look at comics, when in actuality it was mostly because Marty was trying to get closer to Nick again and Nick just missed his best friend.

Marty cleared his throat as they stared at a few tiny tea cups on a table, the boys carefully picking one up to look at it before setting it down gently. "How's things with your dad?" He asked cautiously.

Nick shrugged and walked down one of the aisles. There were a bunch of creepy, old dolls and if it wasn't for the fact that he felt the need to walk around as he spoke, then he wouldn't have went down the aisle in the first place. He glanced towards Marty, an uncertain look in his eyes as the taller boy looked at the dolls. Nick let a tiny smile form and chuckled to himself before finally speaking. "It's... Well, it's as good as it can get with him hating me," he said.

"He doesn't hate you because-."

"Because I'm gay, I know that, he's actually very supportive," Nick interrupted him.

Marty frowned and looked at Nick, both to examine his best friend and to avoided making eye contact with the creepy dolls as they finished walking through the aisle. "Then why does he hate you?"

"Why do you care so much?"

"Because you're my best friend!" Marty shouted, arms throwing up in the air. "And I'm fucking worried about you, Nick! You used to be so happy and smiley, but now you're always so down and depressed and so fucking angry."

"Well, what do you expect? Both parents aren't exactly fond of me, Marty."

"That doesn't give you permission to push the people who care about you the most away." Marty sighed and watched as Nick stopped and stared at old computer, his angry expression softening the littlest bit.