TWENTY-FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
( IT'S DR. CONNORS )

HIS PARENTS WERE FIGHTING

HIS PARENTS WERE FIGHTING. It wasn't serious, kind of, or too bad of a fight where Nick was worried; it was just an loud argument, the two adults disagreeing with what the other was saying about how Nick should be able to defend himself physically. School was let out early after the Lizard-Man-Thing-Whatever destroyed the school, and after the officers checked with all of the students and teachers to make sure everyone was okay, they cleared to head home. Teachers had called parents, and other than the ones who had cars, the students left once their ride got to the school, the principal not letting them leave without an adult if they didn't have a car. Dan had picked Nick up since he had been closer at the time, and Sharon hurried home from work to meet her husband and son at their house.

They quickly discussed what happened and if Nick was hurt, or if any of his friends were injured, and Nick told them everything from start to finish, keeping out the part about following Spider-Man back inside. It didn't take long for the Dan and Sharon Berry to fuss over the fact that their son could have gotten seriously injured. Dan was quick to say he wanted to enroll Nick into karate classes, and Sharon instantly shut down the idea. Meanwhile, the teenager sat on top of the kitchen counter with a fruit cup and a Sunny-D, occasionally texting his friends, for the most part unbothered by his parent's argument that he could hear in the living room, because he could honestly understand both sides.

"You really think some kick or punch is going to stop a man sized lizard?!" Sharon yelled, throwing her arms towards the window, gesturing outside as if the Lizard was right there.

Dan sighed and ran a hand over his face in exasperation. "I'm not saying he should take karate classes, or jiu-jitsu or something to fight that thing, but just as a pre-caution for everything else! There aren't just man sized lizards, Sherry, there are gangs and murderers and sociopaths! And it wouldn't be so worrisome if Nick could defend himself."

"He's not going to run into any danger, though!" The woman was clinging on to the tiny hope she had that Nick would never be in harm's way. "Not that kind, anyway."

"We don't know that, though," Dam pressed, voice much calmer now. He could see she was as worried as was, but where he was just wanting to make sure Nick stayed protected, Sharon wanted to just do nothing other than hope and pray that nothing serious happens. "Listen, I understand why you don't want this, but wouldn't it feel better to know that he can defend himself for the most part? Besides, he isn't stupid enough to go purposefully running into danger, so I think we're fine."

It ended a bit after that; Dan promised he wouldn't sign Nick up for any fighting classes until Sharon was completely okay with it, but she quickly told him to do it when he could. She agreed that it would be comforting to know that Nick would know how to fight in some way or another.