FORTY

CHAPTER FORTY
( SPENDING TIME WITH FLASH )

CHAPTER FORTY( SPENDING TIME WITH FLASH )

"I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND."

Marty looked up from the science textbook he was attempting to read during lunch, Anita beside him and Nick across from him with Olivia, Gwen, Harry and a few others at a different table. It was later in the day, hours after Nick had snapped at Frank Wentworth and the bully hasn't even looked in the sophomore's direction. Nick had calmed down some; he wasn't as angry as before and maybe the fact that he has take a nap the entirety of first period and half of second period helped with that. But he was still shaken up about the students around hearing what Frank had said. He was also confused, slightly.

"'Bout what?" Marty asked.

Nick stabbed the mystery meat with the plastic fork and shrugged. "Frank." Both of his friends instantly groaned at the name and he looked up. "No, listen, he said he doesn't care for me, but he's always bullying me, I don't understand him."

"Well, you don't have to," Anita told him. "He just wants to make your life miserable, what's confusing about that?"

Nick shrugged and tried to take the fork out of the mystery meat, but it wouldn't budge. He lifted the entire piece of meat up with a disgusted look, looking to Marty and Anita a second later. "This school has the worst lunch in existence." They were quick to agree, both having barely eaten their lunch that they had bought other than the semi-good fries and chips that they had gotten. Nick, though, just got the mystery meat and the fries, and to be honest, even the fries weren't good to him. They were soggy.

Marty glanced down at his friend's tray of uneaten food, but kept his expression neutral as he pulled out some crumpled dollars from his pocket, tossing it in the direction of Nick. "Go get some chips, or something, I'm not dealing with a hangry Nick later."

The boy's mouth fell open from offense. "I don't get hangry!"

"Well that's a lie and a half," Anita said.

Nick rolled his eyes. "Assholes," he muttered, the tiniest of smiles on his face to show that he wasn't really mad at them. He then stood up once dropping the meat back on the plate and grabbed Marty's money, promising to pay him back later as he walked back to the lunch line to get someone good to eat. Nick grabbed an apple and another chocolate milk, quickly going to the lunch lady to give her the money. He was about to head back to his friends when someone quickly stopped him by getting in front of him. Nick's brows furrowed in confusion. "Hi, Flash."

"Can I hang out at you place tonight?" He asked quickly and urgently.

"Huh?"