Letters

Lance took off of school as he was still trying to process the whole vampire/witch thing and little by little Allura continued to explain everything when Lance asked.

"So wait, I'm a vampire, and my real name is Elijah, but you reversed my age to 'save me' from this evil vampire prince that's been around since whenever, and I was a slave to him once, why do I matter to much to be hunted?" Lance asked as he was making breakfast for him and Allura as she was reading through her witch books, he found out their called grimoires.

"Because they have a strict society, death is their big thing and no one has escaped and lived to tell the tail, they believe there's someone on the inside that helped," Allura explained as she drank orange juice.

"So not all vampires are evil then, what if we talked to this prince then?" Lance smiled hopeful and allura's head snapped up.

"So you do want to die? The prince of the galra empire is a killer Lance, ever since you where turned back to avoid being killed by them, he's killed every super natural kind of being to try finding you, he's killed witches I knew, other vampires, werewolf packs, he will no stop," Allura said seriously with dark eyes.

"Then what's Shiro?" Lance scoffed.

"A demon," she shrugged.

"What?!"

"Another story,"

"Ok fine, but if he wants me so bad, just being an escaped prisoner and 200 years later, there has to be something more none of us know about?" Lance shook his head flipping a pancake stressfully.

"Like what? You where a normal human before they took you," Allura told him biting her lip and he handed her a plate of two pancakes but he kept making more.

"Well you said I lost my memory when you found me, was there anyone who knew me before that's not part of the empire? Acxa and Ezor seemed like they did but Ezor also tried to kill me," Lance put down the spatula as he self consciously touched his healed neck but remembered others doing the same to him.

"I don't know, no one that we know does," Allura sighed.

"What about when I was fourteen? That's when the accident happened when I lost my memory and went into foster care," Lance turned to her again.

"Lance... That's how old you where when you where taken to be a slave," Allura said softly.

"So I just keep running? Is that the plan? Act like a normal kid that is running from a evil psychotic vampire that's the first of its kind?" Lance said sarcastically crossing his arms as he looked at his sister.

"All we know is that someone gave me this necklace, they must've known me since before you did, if we find them then we..." Lance trailed off looking down.

"They where the one that helped me escape," he said softly with wide eyes.

"He was a vampire, a-and he loves me, wait- he? But I'm not gay," he rambled to himself and Allura covered her mouth trying not to laugh.

"Don't laugh Allura," Lance ran a hand through his hair annoyed.

"I'm not, I'm sorry, I'm surprised like you but just how you said it was a little funny... Tell me what you remember of whoever you believe is your savior," Allura giggled softly and Lance rolled his eyes at his sister.

"I-I um," he blushed. "I remember him always letting me drink his blood as he apologized for being hurt, he healed me, a-and he..." Lance looked at his feet blushing darker embarrassed.

"He made me feel safe, but I don't know his name or face," he coughed awkwardly into his hand as Allura cooed slightly.

"Whatever they probably found him and he's dead, I'm fucked," Lance threw up his hands and Allura pursed her lips.

"No, not exactly, I kept some of your items from before, just in case, there's some stuff in the attic," she sighed smiling softly.

"So we're going to just find this guy who I supposably loved?" Lance scoffed.

"That's a engagement necklace Lance," Allura pointed out. His face was bright red.

-----

"I think this is the only one," Allura grunted as she walked down a ladder while she handed Lance a heavy box and he set down while Allura closed the attic door from the ceiling.

"Do you want me to stay?" Allura knelt next to him as Lance looked at the box.

"Um no... I just want to see it alone," Lance said softly. She kissed the side of his head standing back up.

"I'm always here for you Lance," she whispered in his ear and walked down stairs as he picked up the box and went back to his room.

He grunted setting it on his bed and touched it softly as his heart raced.

He pulled the box open as some dust flew off. Lances breath got caught in his throat as he saw drawings and paintings, a small and very detailed one was of him in a proper sitting position from the waist up.

"My dearest Elijah, my most beautiful piece of art," 

Lance picked up letters with wax stamps on the opened seal of the old letter and saw note books that had sketches in the corner. Another drawing of him sleeping as the blankets where covering his chest but his shoulder was bare.

"Despite your pained past, your future is brighter as your heart is bigger, never change my love," 

Lance couldn't help but smile at the letters that where on the back of some drawings. Who ever made that painting from France was obviously this man, someone that loved him very much.

But then there was one he wrote. It was partly burned and there was another letter that was the other man but also burnt.

My dearest Elijah,
Time is nothing now to us, only the future that awaits for the two of us
I fear that we may loose our selves by those who see lies in our truth, my people have been skeptical of me as I return to you, my home. Despite you being claimed dead I dread that someone will find our love and end one of us to hurt the other.
But do not fear for me my love, I am capable of these lies I feed them with no guilt due to what they have done to you. I never want you in that harm again so we have our hiding that you call home.
But you are all the home I need no matter where we are-

Lance saw the rest was burned as he couldn't read the rest of the letter.

"There has to be more somewhere, a name, an address at least, what's home?" Lance grumbled to himself and glanced at his phone smirking.

He grabbed his phone and dialed a number as he waited with the phone ringing against his ear.

"Yea?"

"How's my favorite hacker doing?"