Darkness

"You okay?" Lance walked in on Lotor waiting in the halls as the room over romelle and Akira were setting up the spell. No one but lance knowing of what Akira was summoning more than an already complex spell.

"What makes you think I'm not," Lotor looked at him flatly.

"You haven't moved in two hours," lance pointed out and stood next to him, crossing his ankles as he leaned against the wall with the original.

"Talk to me," he smirked.

"I rather not," Lotor looked away. He glanced at lance for a moment and tore his gaze away again. "We've been over this lance,"

Lance dropped his smile as his heart clenched at the sight of the man, guilt once again returned.

"I want you to have this," lance gave Lotor the journal as it was sealed closed with a rope tied around it around all four sides and tied in a bow in the middle with a wax stamp to seal it.

"What is it?" Lotor took it confused.

"Honestly I don't know, but I wrote it, and I don't want you to open it until the day I die," lance took a soft breath.

"Lance what do you mean..?" Lotor looked at him sadly. He noticed the necklace was gone as well.

"If not then, then read it when you want your questions answered one day," the younger vampire looked away embarrassed a little.

"I see," Lotor nodded slowly. He could tell lance wanted to say more but his lips stayed sealed for a moment longer.

"Thank you for being you," lance smiled sadly.

"And I know I'm not Elijah, but I hope to get my memories back so I can repay you properly," he looked at Lotor again with a glimmer of something happy as he looked at the man.

"It's weird I know, cause I don't remember us or much of us, but there's a feeling that tells me I could... I could remember again,"

"You don't need to say anything else lance, I appreciate it... and I will keep this," Lotor smiled holding the journal gently in his hands as lance blushed again.

Lotor turned his face to him as lance stared at him and smiled back as they leaned towards each other, lance slipped from his grip and wrapped his arms around lotors shoulders holding him tightly.

"When I die, if I remember, make me fall in love with you again," lance whispered and Lotor squeezed him tighter in the embrace as he memorized the feeling of him in his arms, enjoying the weight to hold close.

But he said nothing.

They parted.

"Please take the necklace back lance," Lotor told him softly.

"It's not a resemblance for what we once had, but it truly does protect you, compulsion and the sun," Lotor gulped a little awkwardly.

"Kuro helped me out before we left," lance held up a bracelet on his wrist. "Daylight protection,"

"Good..." Lotor nodded pursing his lips.

"Hey you two done? It's time," Akira walked over and crossed his arms. They both blushed not looking at each other but lance walked forward to follow the hybrid, he didn't know to loon back or not, if Lotor was watching him.

Lance followed him to a room as candles were lit along the four walls as romelle had a bowl in the center with two candles on each side, herbs and a dead owl near them as well as a spell book.

"Oh don't make me drink owl blood," lance whined and Akira smirked silently as he sat down with romelle with the bowl and ingredients were in the center of them, lance joined. Romelle held her hand out for lance as he quirked a brow at him, lance pursed his lips and grabbed both of the witches hands as Lotor stood in the doorway.

"Now what?" Lance asked flatly.

"Just wait, stay silent and do not break the circle," Akira looked at him seriously and lance remembered how Akira was adding a something extra to the spell.

Lotor watched silently as romelle and Akira chanted the spell as romelle drained the owls blood in the bowl and Akira dropped the herbs in next, they all joined hands again as lance watched and sent a concerned look at Lotor.

Lotor closed his eyes listening instead, he couldn't look at lance, heart break still echoed in his head. It would be easier to turn off his emotions again, he didn't want to feel like this, to mourn, to feel the heart break, but he knows he'll see his lovely Elijah again, lance wants to remember, wants to love him like they've loved before. There was hope.

The chants got sterner as well as the fires getting bigger, he could see the bowl rumbling a little as he looked at lance again, concern was gone, fear took place in Lances eyes as he stared at the bowl and fired around him.

Lotor remembered the heat from seeing their home, their safe haven, being burned to the ground.

Sweat dropped down the side of Lotors forehead as he watched. But he heard a familiar chant caught off guard by Akira.

"mutata Quid est differentiated, reponere in tenebras cum memorias," Akira said quickly and romelles she's snapped open.

"Akira!" She snapped as the fires roared but Akira continued the spell from before as lance was visibly shaking with sweat running down his face as his eyes were squeezed shut. Was he in pain.

"What's going on?" Lotor asked in a dark tone.

"It's fine," Akira barked but repeated the chant three more times as lance gasped sharply and his eyes snapped open.

"Lotor-"

Then everything went silent and dark like death was only knocking.

A/N: "change what has been differentiated, replace the memories with darkness"

So I'm going with the more powerful spells are in Latin but the easy spells (earlier in story) are just backwards.