Mocking truth

Lotor knocked on a door as they stood in the young years city of Bayonne at the boarder of France as there was tall buildings around them while lance fumbled with the odd clothes of 1801 fashion instead of looking homeless.

"I know your in there, it's me, open up you hell of a bastard," Lotor called knocking on the door as Lance looked at him confused.

"Who's place is this?" Lance asked.

Suddenly the door opened lances eyes widen seeing Shiro with long hair and scruff on his jawline as he held the glass filled with whiskey.

"Hello old friend," Shiro smirked as he let Lotor in but a barrier held lance back.

"The fuck?" Lance looked up confused.

"Sorry Elijah, please come in," Shiro raised his glass to him smirking.

"Your... here?" Lance blinked surprise as he walked on.

"He okay lo?" Shiro smirked as they walked in and Lance saw an anti cross on the wall along with a satanic symbol on some books as well as a bible.

"Demon... right," lance remembered nodding as Shiro poured himself more alcohol.

"Kuron knows where to find those who don't want to be found, hell is truly on his side," Lotor smirked as he patted shiros shoulder.

"Kuron? Then your like shiros twin or something? You know Takashi?" Lance asked confused by it all.

"Lotor your fiancé is making riddles again," Shiro slumped down onto a couch sipping his whiskey as Lotor poured himself some as well.

"Not Elijah," Lance raised his hand.

"Possession?" Shiro asked.

"No, a spell that reverses," Lotor told him sitting down. "Sit lance, pour yourself a drink if you'd like, this may take a while,"

"Then how..." he narrowed his eyes sipping his drink.

"Keith put some spell on me bout two hundred years in the future, he sent me back to the night that Lotor and I where separated by the witches," lance explained pursing his lips awkwardly.

"The witch Keith he speaks of I believe is our same akira Kuron," Lotor nodded sipping his whiskey.

"Akira? As in this meat suit I use little brother akira?" Kuro looked at them wide eyes. Lance finally realized his eyes where yellow rather than grey. This wasn't the Shiro he knew. Oh yea... demon...

"You and Keith are related?" Lance asked confused.

"Nah, the runt was more mentored by Shiro when his home burned down and lost his old man, the meat suit had a soft spot for him," Kuro waved him off and Lance pursed his lips.

"So why are we here? Shiro-er I mean Kuron isn't a witch," Lance sat up looking at Lotor.

"No but he's a demon, connections to the otherside, he can at least locate akira," Lotor sipped the whiskey.

"Yea I've done more than just locate that kid for you," Kuron snorted and Lotor smirked at him friend.

"Oh is it old friend? I remember I'm the one that saved you from being exorcised," Lotor chuckled.

"Yea and who was the one that temporarily killed those vamps for you two to escape," Kuro smirked at them and lances eye brow raised.

"Kuron is my dark with basically, straight from hell old friend," Lotor raised the drink to him.

"As you avoid it you bastard," Kuro laughed at him.

"So you two know it other well?" Lance smiled softly seeing Lotor having a true friend. Made him wonder in his time in the future if they still are...

"This child almost got killed in the Battle of Sekigahara, if it wasn't for me healing his body then and there he would've bleed out," Lotor swirled his drink not looking at lance.

"The one time I let this meat suits bastard soul convince me to let him take over, he almost lets this blessed body get killed and therefore I go back to hell until another amateur coven prays for some devil to look for a god," Kuron laughed hard slapping his knee shaking his head.

"Your fool in either way," Lotor smirked calmly to himself.

"So can you locate akira? Or fix this whole ordeal the runt made," he asked leaning forward.

"Hey don't have to be rude," lance told him sharply and Lotor flinched a little at the tone. Not scared... it hurt cause it was someone he once loved more than himself. Like he's still there but when Lotor looked at the blue eyes he fell for... it a stranger.

"Apologies Lance," he nodded with no emotion in his eyes.

"Just give me a minute, I have to find the books and... stuff..?" Kuro got up as he noticed the tension between the two and let them be. 

Neither of them said anything as the room was silent.

Lance fiddled with the necklace as it was basically his only way of comfort when he was oblivious to the world but with knowing the truth now, he didn't know why he'd still fiddle with the thing. Lance looked down at the necklace and glanced at Lotor again seeing how the vampire refused to even breath in his direction.

"Here," he took off the necklace and handed it out to Lotor which cause the original off guard.

"Wha-" "it's obvious you don't love me, I'm not Elijah, I'm not going to force you to see me as a reminder of someone you lost, I hope you give it to someone you love again just as much as you did with Elijah," Lance smiled softly as he placed it in Lotors hand.

"I still want you to be happy, and find love," he nodded with a small gulp as Lotor held the necklace in his hand tightly and closed his eyes, pulling his hand to his chest with what once represented his one chance at living happily ever after.

"Please excuse me," Lotor got up as his voice cracked a little as lance watched worriedly while he left his liquor behind.

He walked into a side room covering his eyes inhaling deeply and quickly. He kicked a desk across the room and slammed his fist against the wall and stayed there for a moment with wide eyes panting, realizing his throat clenching as his eyes stung.

Lotor covered his mouth as he let out a shaky sob leaning his forehead against the wall, holding the necklace close. He sobbed to himself alone once again in the world he was forced to walk for so many centuries.

The realization settled in. Elijah really was gone. The love of his life was no more... and that was the bloody truth.