Chapter Three

Meet My Brothers

Meet My Brothers

''He will come. He just has to.'' I convince myself of sinking into my pillow.

It has been three days since I first saw him. He hadn't come back since then... so it was only normal for a 20-year-old female to facepalm herself for even thinking she wanted him back in her room. But those three days have been dreamless... and sleepless. Trust me, If it wasn't for my cream I would have looked like a dying rat by now.

I jump by the smallest of noises, probably the sound of Layla or someone walking to the bathroom. I sighed, then placed my head on my pillow. I would try to close my eyes, but they'd fling open a few sheep later. My eyes went everywhere. I even noticed my cabinet had a scratch on the third drawer. I made a mental note to question the little devils later.

"I hate this." I whimper, sounding like some three years old. I turn to sleep on my back- what I had always done when I wanted to think- I face the ceiling, wandering out loud, ''It really could just be a dream...'' 

My head bolts up once I hear a crash coming from the kitchen. I jump off the bed, then take my phone for no apparent reason, other than to light up the kitchen in hopes that no one would wake up by the strange light in the kitchen. I couldn't stop myself from hoping that he was actually there. Eating some leftover chicken from today's dinner. 

''Hello?'' Surprisingly, I had found the lightbulbs open, pretty much all of them except for the one dad was lazy to replace. I look around the kitchen, trying to find the cause of the smashing noise. I even lean to look under the kitchen table, but sadly nothing. 

''Ruqaya?'' 

I bolt up in terror, catching my breathe once meeting the brown eyes of my older brother Ahmed.

Now it made sense, who was the only sibling that would open every single light? Yeah, fear can really make a person stupid and

 ''You scared me, ''

 He raises an eyebrow, ''Well, if you weren't such a coward I wouldn't have scared you in the first place.'' He replies ever so coldly. This was Ahmed, the oldest of our siblings. He was stupid, annoying, and I have no idea how he got accepted into Harvard. He graduated a year ago, presently engaged to the sweetest girl I know, ( I Honestly think he deserved worse. you know those wives that scare the heck of their husbands?)

''What were you doing?'' I ask when he wets a towel to clean a spot on the kitchen floor. He looks up angrily, ''I was dancing, is that good enough for you?''

''No really?''

''I was just eating.'' He admits. 

'''Next time, take care of the dishes.'' I advise him, stepping out of the kitchen.

*

''You look terrible,'' Amal whispers into my ear threw the fabric around my head. ''You have no idea,'' I say placing a hand over my forehead hoping it would somehow cure my headache. 

''Aya called me yesterday, her sisters getting engaged so she won't be going to Olivia's party,'' Marisol informed us as she took a seat beside me. I give her that face when someone eats your least favorite meal and acting as if it was the best by eating like a pig. Or easier said disgust. ''That's what you're worried about? A party?'' I ask.

''Olivia personally invited us. Renumber when her parents got a divorce?'' She asked Amal looking over my shoulder. ''She was so depressed, I even found her crying in the restrooms twice. I helped her out in her darkest moments when her friends didnt. It'll break her heart if I wasn't there.''

''Wow. ''

''And besides, she invites only the people she likes, '' Marisol reminded us.

''And she doesn't like many,'' Amal said now looking at me. 

"Um.. ill ask."
*

"Your reading? That's new." I say taking a seat on Hassan's bed ready to peel the banana open. He looks up, sits up, and gives me a look of annoyance.

"Its called research. And Go get me one." He said staring at my banana that still had some green spots.

"Why won't you?" I ask the freshman as I take my first bite.

"I just told you, I'm researching."

I roll my eyes. Teenagers really were lazy to the core. Great... now I sound like some parent...  I sigh and walk back to the kitchen. Mom was there cooking some spaghetti, when she caught me taking a banana from the kitchen table she frowns saying, "Dinners almost ready,"

"I know, but your little boys starving." I tell her stepping back then turning to walk away making sure to point out Hassan was 'The spoiled one' in our family.

Hassan was about 14 years old. He and Ahmed were the only males other than fathers in our small family. As expected he was just like Ahmed in a few thousand ways. Dad once said they remind him of himself when he was younger, but I still find it hard to see my respected father annoying the neighbor's dog than running for his life crying.

Like Ahmed, he excelled in Math but other than that, he was pretty average. That was normal since most of our clan was good at math.
As for the feminine side of our clan... yeah pretty much all of them were housewives. Nothing was wrong with that but id really loves to have a female role model from our relatives. My only aunt- my father's sister- had finished college, but decided to be wed. I could understand, living in your husband's home completing half of her deen was way better than finishing school to still makeup at 7 and go to school to babysit some kids while teaching them a few words.

_______

Hi! 

I was away for some time due to travel so I couldn't finish the other half of this chapter. And I'm really thankful for your votes and time reading this!

I'm making Aesthetics for some characters, I've made a few but it might spoil the name of the mysterious "vampire" since the name has a meaning so you'll find it after they meet like real human beings instead of prey and predator.

Until next time ♡

2018/6/26

Big brothers birthday :)