Chapter Thirteen

Survivor

"Can't say I didn't think so," Amal claimed after I had reported the events of the day before.

Feeling the bed rise and drop behind me, I looked up to find Amal sitting up from the bed, all while giving me a look.

"What?" I asked.

"You're seriously asking me what?" She laughed, "I'm supposed to ask you what you're going to do next. I mean, you can't ignore him forever and you can't just act as nothing happened."

"I'm not sure," I told her.

"What do you mean your not-"

"What's he like?" Olivia interrupted. I opened my mouth to speak, but it didnt last long before I closed it. I needed time to answer that question.

"Ok, let me guess, if he's hot I forgive him right?" I laughed.

In response, Olivia knitted her eyebrows in confusion. "No," she claimed, "What does he look like?"

"Don't you have enough playboys trying to win you over already?" Amal laughed.

"Shut up, Cleopatra." Olivia hissed, her eyes barely glancing at Amal.

Amal groaned in frustration.

I dropped the notebook from my lap, and placed it onto Olivia's cream-colored rug, once I swallowed down the seriousness of the subject we were discussing. My lungs somehow expanded, letting more airflow in and out with great amounts. I bit my lip, looking up from my fingers to give up only a few seconds later.

"Well..." I trailed off. "He's in good shape, he isn't too muscular or too slim... um, he's got dark brown hair, a strange pair of blue eyes- which somehow contains multiple shades of dazzling blue."

This was about the time where I found comfort in explaining his looks, but being the storyteller I am, I didn't notice any change at all while I told them. I began to speak faster, enjoying the- like a kid sharing his favorite story to tell.

A smile would form from time to time, but without a reflection, how could you possibly see how you looked like to hide it in the first place?

"He isn't too pale, but when you see him under the moon, his skin seems gray." I finished off.

I chuckled from the inside when I remembered how naive I was to think that he was a vampire when I first saw him. That night, I had watched the first twilight movie, in order to retake some old memories of the middle schooler who dug her roots in the school library, so I guess it kind of effecting my thinking.

Also, the fact that the brain is a big idiot in moments of shock, strengthen the possibilities of the theory being true at that moment.

Don't question it, we took it in psychology.

A few weeks ago, I noticed that he didn't have the fangs from the first time we've seen each other. He told me that they were just an accessory he found on his way home, and due to the darkness and my idiocy, I thought them real.

I was so embarrassed I threw a pillow at him and told him to let me study in peace. He rolled his eyes and muttered a "Rest in peace" but it got him to loose grip of the window and fall, by the second pillow I threw.