Chapter Fourteen

Astahfirallah

         I understood very well that what was done was already done, and that staying mad wasn't going to do anything but decrease your life span.

Smile and move on, that's what I kept on telling myself. And it didn't help at all, it made it feel even worse. Yes, The smiling part seems easy, but to an honest person like me, I know all too well it was only a lie. Smiles aren't just the muscles moving here and there, but the joy and happiness you feel. I was just lying to myself over and over again in order to somehow reach a point I believed it was true.

But that sadly didn't happen.

As for the moving on part, it was the hardest. I wasn't an expert on breakups nor romantic relationships, so that was predictable, I guess. Sure, I've enjoyed listening to a few songs or lectures about Mood Disorders but there wasn't any kind of class to teach you about going on-or forward. Just read, write, and get a high score in any exam given and your good to go. No need to be the happiest person at all, even if it's the hardest degree to get.

"Can't I ever have a normal chocolate milkshake?!" Olivia wondered out loud just as she made her order.

"Hm? What was that?" I asked, snapping away from my thoughts.

Olivia noticed that I had lost track of what she was saying a long time ago; when she first started talking about the Brown High Heeled Boots She was planning to buy later that day, other than that, I can't seem to remember. She raised an eyebrow. I was about to say something in defense, but the waitress interrupted, "Your order, please."

I bolted my gaze off of Olivia's accusing look and shook my head. "No, I'll make an order when my friends get here," I answered with a smile. She nodded her head in understanding and left to take someone else's order.

"Speaking of your friends, where are they?" Olivia questioned.

"Amals probably speaking to professor Jones about the situation between her and this girl named Molly," I explained.

"Professor Jones? Hottest professor on campus and Molly Shiloh, the girl who threw up on the After-Exams party hosted by Ben Gil? Hah! That's interesting." Olivia laughed.

I gave her a questioned look, "I have no idea what your implying to but if you remember correctly Amal is a well-practicing Muslimah and an engaged woman- who I might add has a way cuter man with a well-tamed beard, unlike the beardless 30-year-old man."

"Relax, I only said he's the hottest in the staff, not the world! And do you mean Professor Carpenter is much hotter?" She laughed.

"No! Ew!" I shriek as low as possible, "He looks like he needs to retire ASAP!"

"But he doesn't." Olivia pointed out.

"World's biggest problem.."

"I think he enjoys spitting and yelling at us," she thought.

"Keep that to yourself please!" I told her, trying to push away the memories I had when I decided to sit in the first row.

"But seriously when are they coming? I and the girls are going to the mall before it gets dark. I need to get something like that advertised Boot." She complained, glancing at her watch.

"I think Marisol's not going to come unless she brings Amal. In fact, I believe she's eating Jones right now with her words." I shook my head as a smile crept on my lips. Marisol was always the stubborn one. She'd roast every inch of the bully (who of course is now a victim).