Facts

1. Marisol's original name was supposed to be Rosie, based on the Rosie from the show, Devious Maids. It was changed to Marisol, another character from the same show.

2. Olivia's name was supposed to be Ashley, based on Tyler's younger sister from the taken down "Even I can fall in love" book, but was changed to Olivia based on the book serious of the twin sisters Olivia and Ivy I used to read as a kid.

3. Olivia's mom (Ashleigh) was based on Olivia's original name.

4. Ruqayas' name is based on my friend, who shares the same bold personality. And close to the Arabic word (Ruqya) sometimes used as exorcism or recitation of the Quran.

5. In the first few chapters, the main character's name was not mentioned, because I still hadn't come up with it yet. (So smart)

6. In order to find a name for the jinn, I just searched for one of my favorite colors in Latin.

7. Olivia's character was based on chyrl from Riverdale, while her mother was from the same show and same parent.

8. Ruqaya and Grecio were never meant to be a couple from the beginning of the book. But best friends until life took both. Mainly because it'll be weird if she was 80 and he still seemed young.

9. Henry Eignsburgh was supposed to like Ruqaya but decided to go with Venessa instead. Who knows.. maybe he got detention on purpose.

10. The spooky janitor who smashed the window was meant to be grecio pulling a prank on Ruqayya, but I thought it'll lead to a lot of questions from the police.

11. Zainub or her dad were supposed to invite Gabriel for dinner, and that was how they would like each other but thought that it wasn't very appropriate and unrealistic.

12. Grecio lives in Sierra's old mansion with her old husband and his butler, who is determined the place is haunted with Sierra's spirit but no one believes him.

13. If you hadn't dug deep enough,  Olivia is Bisexual, and she was once into Ruqaya until she saw the young man from the bookshop. Ruqaya might have led her on because she wasn't speaking to Amal and needed to keep a friend close. Luckily, Olivia respected her friend's religion and hid her small crush.

14. In chapter owls, Grecio was supposed to try to kiss her but she pulled away and they returned to the ground. When they did, she told him she needed space. In short, the chapter was originally called Space.

15: Iyar was supposed to be a love interest.

16. Nassir was supposedly named after my crush but then decided Nassir would fit better since my third-grade classmate who sat next to me was named that, he was from Yemen.

17. After the Nasir thing, Ahmed was supposed to run away to his fiancé in order to seek comfort. Then, Ruqayya would convince Marisol to come in order to persuade Ahmed because she thought she could have an effect on him because she was had a persuasive personality. I still don't know if they both like each other yet, but sadly whatever was between them, was based on looks. If you would like me to write a short sequel about an affair, comment your thoughts because I love intercultural marriages. (If they do get married in the end, but Fatima is soo cute so I'm struggling here).

18. Marisol was supposed to wake up with a dream of angels surrounding her bed, then she'd ask if anyone entered the room while she was asleep. The nurses would then tell her that Amal, Ruqaya, and Ahmed all prayed in that room for her recovery, to what she said, ''Did yoga,'' and ''Read from a book of a different language.'' She was going to consider converting afterward.

19. Amals mom left with Jamil to cook for her husband, then she sent them food by his own hands. I didn't include it because I thought it'll be too much unnecessary detail, and I'd be forced to write the dream because I might as well, so both were canceled to end the book faster.

20. Towards the end of the book, I was debating whether or not Grecio would disappear or not. The only reason I thought it'd be better, was for making my readers happy. Since you've all read so much about their journey, I thought it'll be a waste if everything goes back to normal.

21. Ruqayas ethnicity is middle eastern as she is half Lebanese and half Iraqi, just like my best friend from childhood. Amal is Egyptian, Marisol is half Brazilian and half Mexican, while Aya is Lebanese and Syrian. Olivia's ancestry goes back to Scotland as her grandparents were immigrants.

22. Asad is a black Muslim from Somalia who is currently studying nursing. Aya and Asad met each other for the first time outside a mosque and stayed in touch as friends getting to know each other better.

23. Asad means lion in Arabic, and Aya means miracle. In which every verse of the Quran is referred to as a miracle.

24. I and Ruqaya share the first two letters of our name, and both have 6 letters.

25. The waiter she met at the wedding was supposed to be Grecio, but I wanted Ruqaya to move on since she can't really marry him. If he was him, then Ruqaya would never grow emotionally, and stay a single woman all her life. I know there are many women who chose not to marry and died without it, but I wanted Ruqaya to settle and have kids of her own. The joy of being a mother is the most beautiful kind, and taking that away from her felt wrong. She'd be living with the pain of loving and wanting someone but could never have them. That's a terrible thing to live off of.

26. The waiter was the man Grecio took shape of to look human. That was why Ruqaya was sure that it was him.

27. The man Ruqaya spoke of at the end of the epilogue, was Nasser. I might be writing a sequel to tell their story and more about how Ruqaya moves on. I'd also like to bring back Grecio somehow... and have some supernatural in the book too, maybe this time focusing on witches and jinn.