Chapter Twenty-Four

Naughty Thoughts

       There was nothing more rough and soothing than this burning sensation. Like a flame at heart, or the way a second flies, but feels like an eternity or what seems to last forever when it never does.

With that, he pushed me on the wall and traced my lips before breaking the distance between us with a passionate kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck, as he slowly slid his hands on my waist like a snake around its prey. My fingers spread around his neck but before I had a chance to seek my desires- he pulled away.

My eyebrows drew their question marks, but just as his dazzling blue hit mine, he ignored whatever voice from inside his head and stepped forward. His hands reached out for my hair as it rested on my shoulders. He curled a lock of it with a finger with his pouty eyes staring back at the mirror I offered. Concern, worry, sadness drained his features and tore him apart from inside. One by one, his flesh devoured and shattered like mere glass.

I screamed, but it didnt help tame the strange storm that had hit him. He looked back one more time, with the same sad eyes from before- this time... tearing me apart- figuratively.

***

     "Whoah, What's with that look? You look like you just murdered someone." Olivia stated.

I tried to ignore her statement and continue playing with the chocolate pudding I ordered five minutes ago but decided to stare at her in the best grim face I could make, just to tell her she was the one about to get murdered.

There were no more words to speak with, after using all my brainpower on wandering why I dreamt such a strange dream in the first place. And Grecio, of all people.

These types of dreams were supposed to be with strangers- not people you agreed on not seeing again- even if it wasnt your choice to see him in the first place.

"Wait.." She paused- looked around the café and whispered, "You really did kill someone didnt you?"
Before I had the chance to reply she said: "Well.. who? And why? But if its Jessica Angeles, I swear I will not judge you. Everyone wants her dead."

"What!? No! I'd never do such a thing." I began, "And second: who the hells Jessica? There's like five Jessicas on campus."

"The Jessica that ruined my party by wearing the same dress like me." She replied.

"Really!?" I laughed, "You're the psychopath in this conversation because that's not even a good reason for murder."

"She did it on purpose. I have proof." She defended.

"Yeah, right," I muttered.

Both our attention was grabbed by the waiter, once he opened his jaw hung low after witnessing almost half of our conversation. He looked young and most importantly scared to the point his eyes were going to hop out of his skull if they had a mind of their own.

"D-do you need anything else?" He asked.

"Were fine. Just a cup of water. Warm." Olivia smiled. And that was pretty much the only thing she was good at. Convincing people of her charm with a fake smile to help crumble down all their suspicions. It did work with the boy, but he still felt unsure. All through our conversation, he would steal glances and make sure he was two steps away from dialing 911. It wasnt a stretch to guess he was raised by strict and protective parents, who told him to never let your guard down. And that jokes didnt exist and they were an only myth.