Chapter Seventeen

Fireworks

     The hungry sirens roared impatiently as if their hunger was more to the focus of annoyance then alert. With pitcher filling my nostrils, I ignored the puddle I found myself in and walked further ahead. My head was running in such speed, and so were my legs, that walked forward with a brain empty of destination. 

I set myself up to find my 'Detention pals' before id head to  Olivia's party. After that talk with Marisol, I tried my hardest to convince myself of going.

I asked a cop about three characters, that she surprisingly knew immediately. Of course, I got suspicious, like anyone smart enough would. Now, I knew nick had a lot of family and friends in much higher chairs, so it wouldn't be much of a shock if a few cops knew him, right? He was also not as innocent as much would guess. And with that, I rest my case.

I followed the directions she had given me and spotted them speaking to a middle-aged cop. I was as dumb as a fly then, buzzing around a student as he tried to read on a hot summer day. I never knew what I was dealing with, like the fly who had literally died from reading. And so, I ran to them and gave the cop an awkward smile, as a greeting of some sort. He tried to return it, but then dug into his pockets to take out a notepad. I knew almost immediately what was going on. After all, we were one of those unlucky souls who had seen the intruder.

In disguise, of course.

"What's going on?" I whispered to Henry, even if I already did know the answer. But it still felt right to hear bad news from someone else then the demon's in our heads. Maybe because it was to confirm our thoughts, which were sometimes weaved by the devil himself. You know.. the devil could have been a great weaver, Who would make the best silk thobes for the angels to wear, rather than weave to deceive. He would have even had a future there in heaven.

Yet, he let go of all that for greed and jealousy. Created evil, and spread it like a deadly trend.

"Venessa thought it'll be best to tell them about the man." He replied.

"Oh."

"So.. How did he look like?" The cop asked, taking hold of his ink pen, as his eyes traveled to catch every one of our expressions.

"Old," Nick blurted out.

"Strange, he gave you a strange vibe when he looks at you with his small green eyes," Henry explained.

"English please," the cop snorted.

He rolled his eyes, "He was creepy-looking."

"Thank you.. " he said, scribbling a few things. "Next?" He asked, raising his head and turning to find the next one brave enough to speak.

"He was white, with green eyes and some grey hairs. He had an odd nose shape, but he was wearing a mask over his nose, so I couldn't tell." Venessa told him, passing him an apologetic smile.

"Ok... Did you see anything?" He asked, turning his head to look at me just as he wrote down the last few words.

"Yes, but they've said most of it." I began, "He was taller than me, About 5'8."

"Everybody's taller then you," Nick commented, earning himself a glare.

"Well, Have you ever seen this man before?" He asked, after scribbling something in his notepad.

"No." We all said.

"Ok, so can you please estimate his age?" He questioned.

"80." Nick guessed.

"80?!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah... Eighty." He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes. I give up!