Chapter Four

Olivia Mcburn

Olivia Mcburn

''Um... what are you wearing?''

Octobers chill finds its way under my skin as I rub my hands on my arms trying to block the chill away, but the north of America was too strong to be overtaken by simple body warmth. I let them down in defeat and gave her a look she didn't seem to like.

''What?"

''This is a party, Olivia's party, and you came wearing something you'd wear to a mosque. "She states.

"Well... So?" I question, hating the idea of failing to come up with a good comeback.

''Whatever," she sighs, "You don't look that bad anyway."

"When are we going get in?"

Amal rolls her eyes at the teenager's argument and quickly pressed the doorbell. Immediately, the graceful sound of the bell silenced the commotion we had once heard. A few footsteps later, Olivias was already beginning to unlock the few hundred locks. I wouldn't blame them, their family was known for its wealth and by the looks of it, it wasn't just talking. The front yard stretched for miles, green grass filling your eyes like a giant green-blue. Only one thing can be said, ignoring the camera that hung over our heads, they had an amazing gardener. I just wish I was lucky enough to see it before sundown.

''Marisol," Olivia said, as a way of greeting.

''Olivia, '' Marisol awkwardly replied.

''You brought friends.''

''Yes.. I did. Is that not ok?'' She asked raising a brow.

''Not at all, I just- never mind." She pauses for a moment then quickly swings her head towards me and Amal.

"How are you?"

I  was going to reply, but a familiar tune catches Olivia's attention, and her head bolts back at where the music was coming from.

"What the hell, Eliza!"

''I swear it was tom!'' a female voice shouts back.

''Like tom listens to old country music!''

Me and Amal exchange awkward looks, each with a brow raised, I could even imagine a perfect GIF for this moment of awkwardness. Olivia turns her head straight back at us, erasing our expressions from our faces. She raises both eyebrows at us and pushes her lips forwards. ''oh well...'' she sighs.

''Is everything-''

''All guys are single except the redhead, his girlfriends the one with blue hair, sally is lesbian, don't worry she won't bite, and uncle is the grumpy smoking guy in the corner. Don't talk to the twins- they're not worth it-  Mother and father are the ones that look like me, and the ones who fight a lot and the little fur bag are uncles. No petting.'' She warns.

''Ok...''

''Welcome,'' she says opening the door, accidentally revealing two red-haired boys running around with spoons and forks. When they notice we had seen them, they freeze, smile, wave, and watch us until Olivia rolls her eyes and shows them out of the welcome mat. I look around the living room, getting new information every step forward. I had never been into an American home before so don't blame my curiosity.