Chapter Six

We're Not Teenagers Anymore

Days have slowly learned to pass without giving me a hard time, and for that I was grateful. As for my thoughts, they fallowed me even in the oddest of times... and I wasn't So grateful for that.

''Ruqaya! What are you doing in there? Hurry up!''

''Yeah, I'm coming!''

I was becoming that poor insect, who had found itself in a spider's web, but only got tangled up more as she tried to rid herself from it. She had gotten herself in such a mess. As for the questions... They just kept on dragging me below the surface, the more I tried to look for answers.. but it didnt seems like they wanted to be found.

In fact, it didnt takes long to make me paranoid. I started jumping whenever I heard a voice that seemed much like his- I mean, is it just me or in these situations, it's like every man's voice sounds like his?

I would look everywhere for him and the answers he had hidden so well. I even had my light on when everyone drifted into a deep sleep, so I could rewatch everything in my head, thinking I had missed something as important as a clue.

But whoever said time heals everything- he was certainly a genius... or I had just begun to... coup with things maturely. Either way, Amal was still avoiding me- rather said, she was giving me the silent treatment. And I was annoyed, especially when she would change her seat if I sat next to her.

''Proffecer?'' She asked, making sure to stand up for everyone to see.

Poor old professor June raised her head from the big book she had on her hands and replied as anyone else would. ''Yes?''

''May I change my seat?'' Profesor June didnt make any sign of her taking in the words, asking silently for Amal to explain herself. ''I'm going to get distracted if I'm sitting beside my friends.'' she clarifies, daring to call the relationship between us to be Friends.

I am going to strangle this girl.

''Whatever you see fit,'' She smiled, watching as Amal nodded, a fake smile reaching to her eyes as she walked past me, and sat into the empty seat where the absent Kathrine Mcgree had once sat.

Science, language arts, and math was the only classes we shared. So her doing that every time I sat beside her, not only had the students carious but also the teachers.

''Hello there, Ruqaya.'' Proffeccer June greeted me, stopping a few feet away from the table I was sitting on. I returned her greeted, all while I prayed she wouldn't say anything about my behavior or scores. It wasn't every day an old professor decides to start a conversation with an average graded girl like me, so I was more than curious about her next sentence.

"How's the weather today?"

Are you guys familiar with that feeling after your friend texts you a "How are you?" After five minutes of "typing..."? No, they aren't slow but keep erasing whatever they wanted to tell you. Anyways.. that feeling was what I felt at that moment.