Chapter Twenty-Eight

Roses Are Red

      There was no simpler way to describe it than this: The dreams didnt stop; they got worse.

They Left me to wake up before sunrise, and pray for safety. I mean, I didnt mind being on time, but I preferred to not wake up so suddenly with sweaty palms and a death wish just to escape the dreams I was having.

Soon, all I could think of was the dream and what it could mean. I had a few guesses, but they were all grim. There was certainly no possible way that it could be anything good. Aside from googling weird stuff and quitting halfway, I hardly paid half of the attention I needed to pass this semester. Olivia and Marisol were the first to notice. Whilst Amal thought it was just more Jinn drama she could never understand and didn't want to take part of. After all, she wasn't that far off.

The idea of wandering how my life would have turned out if I hadn't met him, was nearly impossible to ignore.

"And don't forget, your 20-page essay is due in three days!" My professor practically screamed once the bell rang.

"What essay?" I asked Amal, who sat beside me. "We just finished one last week. Don't we deserve a break!?"

"Yes, absolutely." She agreed, "But this one's about Poetry/Poets in the 18'th century. You don't remember?"

"Um.. definitely not," I muttered.

"Well," She began, feeling my shoulder, "You should get to work.. and quickly."

"Or.. she could have someone else write it for her," Nick smirked as he walked past us. We rolled our eyes, but I swear I was that close to sticking my tongue out.

***

     "I have also come to a notice that most of his poems revolve around-" I stopped typing, and turned towards the door, where my mom looked at me like a was a puzzle she couldn't crack even with the help of Einstein himself.

"Hi... " I awkwardly greeted, spinning my chair towards her direction.

"Hi. Aren't you supposed to be getting ready?" She asked. I replayed her words carefully in my head before my eyes widened. "Oh god, its today isn't it?" I asked. She slowly nodded in return.

"Why didnt you tell me!?"

"I did. Like thirty minutes ago." She replied. I was about to ask her when precisely when I figured that it wouldn't change anything if she did.

I'd already written three pages of the essay, and if we got home early, I could write five more. Besides, I always held a liking to writings biographies, so it'll be fast. It was almost like talking about a celebrity.

"Nevermind, I'll just throw something on real quick," I told her.

"Something? No, go shower." She ordered.

"Mom, I took one today," I whined.

"I never saw you." She stated as a fact.

"It was at-" I paused, and decided it was not best not to tell her. "Fine, Ill shower."

***

     I managed to get out after five minutes, which was a shock since it usually took me at least ten or twelve.

I brushed my hair quickly, then braided it before putting it in a low bun. I wore a long gray vest over a plain buttoned black shirt and blue jeans. I was questioning whether or not I should wear a dress, but I didn't want to look too good or I might come off as desperate. So I decided to accessorize with a necklace and a few rings to give the casual look more.. character. I put on my socks and a gray hijab before grabbing my phone and jacket. I laced my black boots and before one could say the word 'Trouble' I was sitting in front of Mr. Jerk himself.