Chapter Thirty-One

Stalker

At moments, nothing really mattered. Most of the time, those were good moments, ones that came with great risks, but just looking deeply into their eyes or bright smiles, everything would fade away. And you feel everything left to feel. Nothing unfelt or unsearched for. A giant puzzle not yet completed but close enough for you to see its final result. But at this moment, in particular, my head being blown off was the only concern that crossed my mind. His locks of hair blew themselves onto my face, as I attempted to spit them away.

"Stop!" I shouted, "Please just stop! We'll walk the rest!"

"You sure?" He asked. "It's only been a few seconds!"

"Now!" I ordered. The wind pressure dropped, and I was finally able to breathe again. I jumped off his back and calmed my headache with a small pinch on the bridge of my nose. Caressing my brows, I put the other hand on my hips, breathing heavily like a newborn child. "Wow, I am never going to hop on your back ever again." I told him, "I know its quicker, but jinn-sportation is the worst."

"Jinn-sportation?" He chuckled.

"Yeah, duh? What else should it be called?" I asked, standing straight, revealing my non-existent height to the tall jinn. To be fair, everyone is described as tall in my book. He must be average and I don't have a single clue.

"Ok, fine, drive for us next time." He teased.

"Hey! That isn't fair. I don't want to drive at the moment but I'd learn one day. Besides, I'm a short person." I shrugged.

"Scary cat," I heard him mutter under his breath, turning his heel and ready to leave.

"Your hair tastes like Strawberries, you know that?"

"Really?"

I rolled my eyes. "Just keep walking and we'll talk about going to the barber after this is all over." I sarcastically replied, walking towards the large body of frozen water. "But I thought you liked it," he replied, catching up to me in a blink of an eye. I stopped, giving him a cold mocking expression. "You mean that Robin liked it because it mistook it for its mother's nest." After that, I walked ahead of him in a hurry, but it took him no more than a second to catch up to me and walk beside each other.

It didn't take us long until we reached the lake. It was large, reaching to the horizon like a sleeve on a button. There was a park nearby, but it was deserted and frosted with unique patterns of snowflakes. The plastic towers of the playground looked like it was made of diamonds. While The light reflected on them made them look more expensive than mere snow. But if society ever found a way to sell snowflakes, it was sure to be expensive.

"Memories?" He interrupted.

I gave him a look, "Who in their right mind goes to a park in winter?"

"Why not? I like it better in winter. No kids, no injuries, no abductions." He casually replied.

"Abductions?" I questioned.

"Yeah, but I don't always help." He told me.

"So.. I guess you were always this cruel?" I sighed, with a small eye roll.

"No, it's not about that. It's their life, you know. It's all a game of fate and strength." He answered.

I raised my brow, he was just making excuses to end up being the 'wise' one, after all, he has been stalking Shakespeare ever since his first play. I asked, "I understand the strength, but why fate?"

"I'm a strong believer in fate." He began, "We were always meant to be who we are. It could have been on different paths, different struggles, but we all are fated to die and rot. Trust me, I've seen it happen."