MSS: What A Day!

Skaitra walked lazily into her room, dropping her bags on the floor and flopping onto the bed, saying she was tired would be an understatement. Skai had been up since 3am that very same morning; training, then had sparring practice with her dad at 5am, then at 6am, she had a quick study session for an important history test, after that she had to get ready and at 8am she was off to school.

Going through 5 class periods + having her test at the last one and having basketball/swim practice? It had been quite a day and now here she was laying on her bed and was about to doze off when a loud knocking at her door startled her.

With a tired 'coming', she got up and dragged her sleep deprived body to answer the door. When she opened it, she was met with a smile from her little sister Sophia.

"Hey Skai, daddy wants to talk to you about something important, so be down in 10 minutes." She perked then ran off.

Skaitra couldn't help but laugh a little as Sophia reminded her of herself when she was younger. The little ones were always daddy's little messengers.

She closed her door and stretched a little then going towards her closet to find something comfy to wear, when she did, then went into the bathroom to freshen up. She walked into the living room where she was greeted by all members of her family and the members of the pack.

'Wow, this must really be important.' She thought.

"Hello my lovely princess, sorry to disturb you but we have to discuss something very important with you." Her father greeted then sat down.

"Hey daddy what is it?" Skai held a blushing smile, even though she wasn't a kid anymore she always loved it whenever he would call her that.

"Well as you know, your graduation is less than a month away but your birthday is only than 1 week away and we want you to be prepared not only for your birthday, it will be the time when you will be mated, so we want you to be ready, am I understood?" He said an she nodded.

When her father said '18th birthday' her brain did a back flip, if there was anything she had forgotten, it was the fact that she was turning 18 next week!
Oh and the fact that she was being mated!

'Damn, it looks like I will not be going back to sleep for now'. She thought.

"So Skai as we mentioned before, for your birthday we will be having a traditional ball to celebrate your coming-of-age and your new bond with your mate-to-be." Her mother smiled at her.

A ball?! Skaitra hated those things with her entire being, but she knew it was going to be hard to convince her mother otherwise, so she'd have to do it anyway whether she liked it or not.

"Ooh a ball! So we're gonna be dressing up like princesses? Yay!" Her sister squealed with excitement and she rolled her eyes because the feeling was not mutual.

Skai raised her hand slowly. "I got a question." She said.

"Ask away my dear." Her father said.

"Will there be cake?" She queried and the whole room erupted into giggles.

"Yes Skai, there will be cake." Her father smiled.

She leaned back and sighed in content. ' As long there's cake I will be perfectly fine.' She thought.

"Is that all you wanted to talk to me about?" Skai inquired.

"Actually, your mother and I wanted to talk you..." He paused and looked around the room. "In private." He said and as soon they got the hint, the rest of the pack members left the room including Sophia who knew that when grown-ups are ready to talk, little kids should not be around to hear.

When everyone had left, Skai's dad turned to her.

"Listen Skai we know it feels like it's all coming so sudden, but we don't want to go through with this as along we got the 'okay' from you." Her dad said.

"Yes dear, turning 18 and being mated in less than a week? It's a lot of pressure, we can always call it off if you, only if you feel that you don't want to do this." Her mother continued.

Skai knew that this was going to happen, she knew that as soon as she turned 18, she would have to be mated and when she was, she would have to leave her family.
It wasn't the easiest thing to do, but she was prepared.

She thought it over and then stared into her parents' eyes, in them she saw a glimpse of hope. Hope that she would say no and call it off, hope that they wouldn't have to say goodbye to their baby girl.

But Skai had to be independent, even though it was all of a sudden, she had to do it.

Skai shook her head. "Mom, Dad its okay I am going to go through with it." She said and saw a hint of disappointment in their eyes but it soon faded.

"We support any decision you make sweetheart, that's it for today, tomorrow we will start making arrangements for the ball." They said and Skai decided to cheer 'em up.

"We're having a ball!" She shouted excitingly and they laughed.

"Indeed we are." Her mother smiled.

With a nod, Skai went back upstairs in her room and flopped down on the bed again, she laid on her back staring up at the ceiling.

Her future was coming so fast, in less than a week she will be a legal adult, mated and be away from her family, it was something that she was destined for, so it had to happen.

Her eyes began to droop as peaceful sleep finally washed over and in a matter of seconds she was out cold.

Drifting off to sleep, dreaming of nothing.

The End.

A/N: Just kidding😊 can't end the fun before it has even started.
Next chapter coming soon!