MSS: Despite

Skai's POV

I collapsed on the grass just a few inches away from the mansion's back door. I couldn't help it, my chest was heaving and my heart ran a mile a minute. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. The soothing chill of the night's air calming me as I laid still on the grass. My mind could not fathom what just happened. I sat up took a glance a the scenery beyond me, I bit my lip and looked back at the mansion behind me and frowned.

It seemed to me that all of this strange bullshit started happening the minute I stepped foot onto this designated land, into this house. I would have never thought that this new mates when through, if I had known.

I shook my head. I have to call Julia and ask her, speaking of Julia, I wonder how she's doing, how her pregnancy is coming along. I haven't spoken to her in ages.

A shriek sounded behind me, I sat on my knees and turned slowly towards the source, imagine my surprise when I see two small pups huddled together in the grass. They were beautiful, one had pitch black fur and bright blue eyes with a dull silver streak and the other had deep red fur, same eyes and the same silver streak. They peered at me, I sensed the hesitation in their eyes so I beckoned them to come closer. I giggled when the black one jumped on top of me, the red soon followed. Long story short, I found myself playing with the pups, giggling when I caught one of them trying to nip at me. A weird sensation filled me and I began to feel a little better. Maybe this is what I needed to take my mind off of certain things for a little while.

I don't know how long we have been at it, since the sun was now starting to rise, the pups were now snuggled against me. The same weird sensation washes over me again along with self-consciousness because one: I am dirty and I probably stink, but they don't seem to mind that all. In fact, they snuggled further against me when I had tried to move. I shrugged and inhaled deeply and immediately became alarmed when something caught me off guard. I carefully shifted the pups' hands onto each other, cooing when they hugged against each other. I stood and faced the forest where the putrid smell seemed to resonate. My eyes glazed over when a flock of birds burst through the trees and a rustling sound crept into my ears. I glanced back at the pups to see them still sleeping soundly.

Another wave of the scent hit me like a ton of bricks and this time it had me coughing wildly, then out of nowhere, a huge black object came flying out of the forest. I took a step back and surprise surprise it was just Drake. I rolled my eyes when he trots past me and towards the sleeping pups. I was about to protest when I saw him nuzzling them. I bit my lip and blinked,

'I swear this guy has a lot of personalities, he's impossible.' I thought.

I watched as the pups stirred and then woke up with a whimper. I cooed softly and smiled a little, but it fell in a matter of seconds when I heard a loud whimper and saw the pups scrambling away from Drake. He raised his head, then turned to me.

My mouth fell open at the sight. His face was covered in so much blood, it was dripping off him, his eyes flashed a deep crimson, the streak in his back changed. I frowned then shook my head and made my back to the mansion, not even sparing him a second glance. I don't even want to know what happened.

Later that day......

I stood in the center of the front yard with my six mates, Leon, Sean, JaCole to my left, Jacob and Chayce to my right. Drake standing right in front of me. He was addressing the pack. I couldn't help but scoff at his words, especially when he briefed the pack about an 'incident' he got caught up in this morning. Yeah right.

".......and now I would like to mention how proud I am of our Future Luna.." my head snapped up. "-she has demonstrated skill, unfathomable strength and tactic, I underestimated her in the beginning. You all could learn a little something from her, that goes for you too Cassidy." He pointed at said person while everybody else erupted in laughter.

Drake continued"To celebrate her welcome in to the pack, today we will have a grand feast and to end it a proper welcoming party, so everybody go get it together, go go go!" He yelled, in a matter of minutes, they all tumbled inside. It was just now me and mates.

Leon and Jacob stood in front of me, eyeing me. I tilted my head at them. Leon raised his hand, he held up an envelope and turned it towards me. The letter was sent from the academy, I took it from him and tore it open.

It read,

Dear Ms. Skaitra Hendrickson,

We are sorry to inform you that this year's school leaving ceremony has been cancelled. Due to a recent turn of events, we have decided to no longer continue with the preparations that was set for the graduation. We know that you out of the lot of our students were extremely excited for this. So in regards to you, we will be sending all your cards, trophies, prizes, etc., that you would have received on the set day. Again we are truly sorry for the sudden cancellation but we hope that you understand. We are so proud of you, Ms. Valedictorian, we hope you do great things in the future.

Remember: Solum Optima Petenda Sunt -[Only The Best Is The Good Enough]

Academy Of The Elite.

Yours Truly,

Principal. K.l. Fuller.

I look over the letter once again, my frown grew bigger. I glanced to the side and immediately spot Drake watching me tentatively, when he catches my glare, he smirks and walks off. I look back at the letter then at his retreating back.

I narrowed my eyes, took a deep breath and screamed.

A/n: well , I'm back and better than ever.

So what do you think happened? Think Daddy Drake had something to do with this?

Remember to comment and vote. thanks bye! :)