MSS: Birthday Surprise (part.1 of 2)

A/N: this is gonna be a LONG LONG ASS chapter, I'm talking like 1000 plus words. So get ready, you have been warned.

Skai's POV
Later that Day
After my Inaguration Ceremony, I came upstairs to lie down for a bit. I was really tired and the real party hasn't even started yet. The thing is, I wasn't physically tired, I was mentally tired. My mind was on so many things at once, from being 18, getting mated today to seeing this strange man at the forest and to the beautiful and expensive looking necklace that I think he had left for me, plus the mysterious black wolf.

Point is, my head was spinning and it was really NOT helping the situation at all. I sighed as I stared out the window. Everything was really happening so fast and I couldn't just put an end to it. If only it was that easy.

I sighed as I continued to stare outside, I closed my eyes and took in the cool air.

Why do all of this have to go away in a matter of hours? I thought.

A knock at the door interrupted my thoughts. "Its open." I yelled and the person came in, it was Alaya.

"Come on birthday girl, party can't start without you." She smiled.

I tilted my head. "I'll be right there."

She frowned a little. "Is something wrong, Skai?"

I shook my head. "No, nothing's wrong."

She narrowed her eyes at me, then her eyes widened as she tilted her head to the side with her mouth opened.

"What's wrong? I asked her, she stood still for a while before finally raising her hand pointing behind me.

I frowned before turning around slowly and the sight was (ummm, I don't even know how to describe it.)

I backed up as I saw three wolves prowling at me, there was a big white one with a silver streak along its back and it had ocean blue eyes. The other two had the same color eyes and the same silver streak, but one had grey fur while the 3rd one had fur of a burgundy color. They looked majestic but at the same time menacing.

"Blood Eclipse." I heard Alaya mumble.

As soon as those words left Alaya's mouth, the three wolves lifted their heads and retreated, they were ready to turn away until the white one turned and looked at me and a kind of protected feeling came washing over me again.

I closed my eyes as I felt myself being drawn towards the wolf as it peered at me.

'Mate.' Lani sighed in contempt.

My eyes widened in shock as I continued to peer at the wolf as I stood there.

'Go closer.' Lani swooned.

'I really don't want to.' I said to her and she instantly got angry.

'Skaitra Valentina Hendrickson, I said go closer! This is OUR mate for crying out loud!' She shouted at me.

I blinked as I got closer to the wolf and it just continued to peer at me.

"Be careful." Alaya said and I had forgotten that she was still here.

'Bruh, she ain't important right now.' Lani said again.

'Shut up would ya?' I said back to her.

I reached out to touch the wolf and it backed away from me.

'Why am I not surprised? It must have sensed your hostility, way to blow it for us you blockhead!' She yelled at me.