MSS: OutCold

Skai's POV
Four days remaining for my birthday ball and let's just say that planning this thing has been pretty hectic.

'You haven't even helped with anything lazyass, you couldn't even blow a balloon." That's my wolf Lani she has a smart mouth just like me but she can be pretty annoying with it.

'At least I am not lazy like some people hint, hint.'

"Whatever." I said.

I had just gotten home from school and had a nice long nap and now I am currently raiding our refrigerator for a snack. I smiled when I found some ice-cream and lucky me it was my favorite; cookie dough, I then grabbed a spoon and jammed in it, taking a bite, savoring the sweet, cold treat as it melted in my mouth.

"No I know why we can't have ice-cream left in the fridge for too long." Sophie walked into the kitchen shaking her head.

"Can't resist it." I said.

"Sure." She said. "Hey Skai's can I ask you something?"

"Sure you know you can ask me anything." I assured.

"Are you really going to leave after you have been mated?" She asked with big brown eyes shining up at me.

I sighed."Listen Soph, I know you'll feel as though I'm leaving you but I'm not, as much as it will hurt, I have to. Every young girl in our family has to go through this. Don't worry I'll always be with you, through mind and in heart and no matter how far I am..." I took her hand... "I will always be your sister and I love you no matter what and no wolf mate can say otherwise." I said and she smiled.

'Don't worry little one, I'll take good care of you when this one gets too lazy. Lani said, that made Sophia laugh even more.
Sophia can hear what Lani says too, so it's like an annoying bonus.

Just as I was about to kiss her forehead, my father mind linked me.

'Skai, we got an emergency! rogue attack on the west wing, get all women and children inside and you stay in as well.' My father mind linked and immediately the alarm bells went off.

"What's happening?!" Sophia cried out.

"Rogues." I answered and her face said it all, she was horrified, I had to get her somewhere safe.

"Skai, what's going on?" My mom shouted from down the hall.

"Rogue attack on the west wing. Help me get the rest of the women and children inside and activate the secure walls, we can't take any risks! Go!Go!Go!" I ushered her and Sophia down to the safe to keep everybody secured and out of harm's way.

The women and children were panicking as I am pretty sure that they were all thinking about their sons, husbands, brothers, boyfriends, cousins, nephews, etc. Whatever a man can be in a woman's life.

They were all lined up ready to go in the safe, Sophia and my mom were the last to go in. As I was about to head in, I stopped getting a really weird feeling.
I was taking my foot out of the cellar when my mom stopped me.

"Skai, what are you doing?" She asked concerned.

"Don't worry mom, I'll be fine just trust me." I pleaded and she reluctantly nodded for me to go but still held on to my hand.

"Be careful out there sweetheart." She said.

"I will, keep them safe." I said and she nodded again then went down and I heard the bolts of the safe clicking together.

I ran to the west wing as fast I could and slid under the metal wall before it went down securing everyone and everything inside. I now stood facing the wall debating whether or not this was a good idea. I was about to touch it when Lani screamed at me.

'Skai! Don't touch that! It's covered with wolfs bane!" .

'Oh right, I forgot.' I said to her.

Right then, I heards the sounds of men fighting, wolves howling and screaming in agony. I turned slowly to face what was happening.

'Wow' Lani and I seemed to have gotten the right idea when we both took in the sight before us.

Werewolves on the ground, beaten and bloodied to a pulp, naked men limping away and rogues still fighting. From afar I could see my dad battling in wolf form with some of his best men.

From the corner of my eye, I saw a wolf slowly but dangerously creeping towards me, a big black one with a silver streak across its head, prying at me with shining grey eyes that scream malice.

I stepped back and was now in a full on stare down contest with it, right then in a blink of an eye, the wolf pounced and was now hovered over me, jaws widening like that of the green anaconda, it's deep growl sending me in a haze.

It pulled it's weight on me, and it sharp teeth were inches away from my face.

As if it was basically trying to say. 'Hey I can swallow your head with one bite.'

To my surprise, the wolf didn't actually do anything, it just stared at me, and for a moment there, I swear that I saw something twinkle in its eyes, there was something in it's eyes that told me it wasn't gonna hurt me.

As I was about to reach out and touch it- Bamm!!

My dad came flying out of nowhere and tackled the other wolf to the ground.

"Dad stop!" I screamed at him, but he wouldn't listen.

All of a sudden, I was being lifted in the air by men as I heard my father say. 'Take her and get out of here.'

I clawed, bit and scratched at the men to let me go but they wouldn't budge.
My dad had called them in a cry of help, the men acted on alert to shift, dropping me in the process.

My head hit hard on the pavement, my vision started to get blurry and the very last thing I saw was a man standing over me with a look of concern, right before I went out cold.

A/N: now if any of you don't know. Wolf's Bane is a kind of powerful poison that targets the heart and the brain of a wolf who has direct contact with it. Once in contact, the liquid melts in the skin and instantly damaging the veins, blood vessels, etc. It can only be used by high ranking wolves. The origin of Wolf's Bane is unknown.