MSS: Reminiscing Thoughts

A/N: Get to know how Skaitra really feels about her birthday ball and how is she going to be mated. It's all here in 'Reminiscing Thoughts"

Skai's POV
One more day.

24 hrs left.

1,440 mins remaining.

86,400 seconds until .......................................
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
My birthday ball also means: the day I become a legal adult, the day I turn 18, and also the day I get mated.

Honestly, I could be less excited, especially about the last reason. Not that this isn't what I've been preparing for all my life, but I can't believe it's all coming so fast. I mean it felt like yesterday I was just introduced to ice cream, wait. 🤭

I mean just introduced to my livelihood of being a werewolf.

Just being introduced to the world.

You know learning all the pre-teen stuff and puberty (shakes inside). I hated puberty, it was the worst time of my life.
Learning about life and the alternate.

Learning about the world and its many, many, many layers.

Learning about the adult life and such and all of that would be coming into play tomorrow at the ball.

It's really happening so fast and I won't be able to stop it.

I sighed as I watched the members of my pack put together decorations for the party, it was going great and they really know their stuff. It's actually the first time I have ever seen some of them you know 'work', even though some of them are only doing it because they know they are getting paid to.

I wonder if some of them would like to fill my shoes because I have this sudden feeling of not wanting to get mated or leave my home, its tearing me apart.

I don't like the idea that I have to move away from my family, especially my little sister who is going to need me.

I don't want to be like Julie, I mean sure I am happy for her, but getting mated and getting pregnant in less than a year at just the tender age of 19. That's too much pressure!!

Plus I don't even know who I'm getting mated to! That's the worst part, how will I know if I'm dealing with a jerk or a serial killer or even both.

That's the downside of being a werewolf, people such as the MoonGoddess chooses your mate. You can't even get the free will to decide who you want to marry and that just makes me angry.

'You know she can hear you right?' Lani asked.

'I don't care!' I shouted back to her and she purred and sank to the back of my mind.

Its just that I feel I need more time to prepare, to focus, to relax before this day .

This specific day in particular.

I shook my head as I watched my sister run across the stage, face lit up with a smile and a massive bout of jealousy grew. I envied my sister, she had so much time to grow and adapt and learn before her life changes forever. Where as I had just today remaining before my life changes forever.

I just need more time! I shouted in my mind.

I wiped the tears that threatened to fall. Only me and the goddesss knows I ran out of time. My life is so messed up right now and it's only just gonna get worse.

AN: Hope you enjoyed it, the birthday ball chapter is coming up next and it will have three parts to it, I won't promise a date to be uploaded because I need more time to work on it for now.

Qs: How do you feel about Skai's thoughts?

Would you like to be in her shoes?

That's it for now.
Bye
Comment and vote. Thxx