Cold Within

She stood outside in the snow and watched snowflakes fall down from the sky. She ignored the cold and her screaming mother from her house's garage.

     "Get in here before you get cold! Now!" her mother yelled. She didn't move an inch and her mother finally gave up. The door slammed shut loudly and yet, the girl still hadn't done anything except for standing at the front yard.

     The girl was only wearing her school uniform, which was definitely a good reason to why her mother was yelling at her. Her black hair shimmied down to her back and her eyes were black as well that you wouldn't be able to see her pupils.

     She finally made a movement; she leaned on the tree trunk and touched the top of her hair. There were flakes stuck on her hair and the coolness soaking into her head felt nice to her. She smeared it around and nodded in satisfaction to that. But her lips did not curl up to a smile and neither did her eyes brighten. Her expression stayed gloomy.

     It was time for her to go to school, so she grabbed her school bag that was dropped onto the snowy ground and headed down the driveway. Her school was close and she never ever minded the freezing wind, so it was perfect for her.

     When she arrived to the school, a boy approached her. His smile was wide and his purple hair was styled up in a way most girls love. His brown eyes were beautiful. He was known as the most friendliest boy in the school....as well as one of the cutest. His name was Hitoshi. He was her friend—her only friend. She had only met him at the beginning of this school year.

     "Hey [Y/N]!" he cheered loudly.

     "Hi Hitoshi," she responded monotonely. It was always a surprise to her why a boy like Hitoshi would ever want to be friends with her. Everyone avoided her. They thought she was cursed.....but one of the most beautiful girls ever. That didn't matter to her though. She didn't care what anybody thought of her.

     "How have you been doing?" he chuckled eagerly. Her swung his arm around her and gently grabbed a piece of her long black hair. He played with it for a while, with a longing expression on his face.

     "Okay," she answered. Hitoshi asked her that question everyday before school starts and her reply to that was always okay. Nothing ever really changed for her throughout these years. It had always been school, home, homework, eat, and sleep. For her, she never bothered to have fun. She thought it was a waste to do that. Why? Because her father had way too much fun back then....and what did that led him to? Death.

     "Hey Hitoshi! I want to show you something!" yelled out a boy. [Y/N] and Hitoshi turned to look at who called out his name. It was his friend.

     Hitoshi said that he'd come in a second to the boy and turned back to her. "Come meet me for lunch, okay? At the same spot out in the courtyard....even if it's cold." She nodded. The first time when he asked her to eat lunch together, it was surprising. Now it was just a routine and even though she may not talk much, she was fine with Hitoshi's company. He never forced her to talk and he would just babble to her instead. She would just have to listen.

     "I like the snow," she replied. He widened his eyes and grinned at her widely.

     "I know. That's why it'll be great! See you then [Y/N]," he exclaimed. He waved at her frantically and ran towards his friend. She waved a small wave back and turned the other direction.

     As she walked to her first classroom, she didn't realized that those eyes were trailing her every move.

Edit 6/23/22: Hey everyone, I finally decided I need to add this part because I'm lowkey getting annoyed of the same comments about this being an OC main character in a reader insert. I wrote this book many years ago on Quotev before I imported this story here and I just want to clarify that back then I wasn't too aware of what a reader insert was. Before I wrote yandere I mostly wrote OC works. The main reason why I thought to describe mc's hair color and eyes was for a bit symbolism ( bad idea on my part ) to signify that she's a broken person essentially. It was never my intention to offend any readers from doing this but please, it gets annoying to see the same comments when it's been years since I wrote this and when it's not even my best work. Of course, now my reader inserts are entirely ambiguous in their looks. Maybe someday I might make changes to this book but at the moment, it is not the time -- I have other works that I much prefer to be working on. So either you read it or you don't. Thank you.