Commitment

It was now Wednesday and [Y/N] was going home from school. School was pretty normal today. She was trying harder to make conversations with Hitoshi, which was what she promised to do. Walking along the sidewalks, she inspected the area around her. It was only the middle of February and there was no more snow on the ground. Green was filling the world again. The sun peeked through the semi-cloudy skies and it hit her face. Winter had ended early this year, and for once, she didn't mind it.

     She saw her house and quickly entered it. Going up the stairs, she found that only her brother, Asahi was at home. He was currently playing a video game in the living room.

     "Hey Asahi," she greeted quietly. His dark hair turned to look at her and he didn't say anything. A minute passed and they were still staring at each other in awkward silence. With his dark eyes on her, she had the urge to go back into her room. As she started to go back to her safety, she heard her little brother shuffle a little bit.

     "Wait!" Asahi called at her. She looked back at him and saw that his black eyes were on her still. That was when she noticed how similar they looked. So similar that they could be twins if they were the same age. Similar, but they were pretty much strangers to each other. "Mom called me from work and wanted to ask you if you want to come to the movies with us, since you couldn't come with us last time."

     Mom. He called her mom while she only called her mother. They must've been so close to each other. So close to each other while she had this huge gap between herself and them. It suddenly bore on her and it was making her feel very wary. She gulped and slowly nodded at him. "Yes, I would like to go," she replied. Maybe this was the chance to push the gap a little closer together.

     "R-really?!" gasped Asahi, looking shocked. "You won't regret it [Y/N]! We'll be seeing the Incredibles 2 tonight!"

     She then left him and went into her bedroom. Sitting on her bed, she stared at nothing, lost in her thoughts. Incredible 2? She never knew a second one was released. She remembered watching the first one with her dad when she was still young and happy. It was an amazing movie and during the entire time, she was cuddling next to her father's warm embrace.

     Looking down, she noticed that a few tears were rolling down her cheeks. Annoyed by the feeling of the wetness, she hurriedly wiped them off. She didn't remember much of the first Incredibles. She was so young after all. But she doubt the second one will be as good. Especially if she was going to only watch it with her mother and brother.

     She rubbed her tired, old eyes and stood up suddenly. She needed to stop dwelling on her past and try her hardest to do her best tonight. She went to her closet and changed out of her school uniform. She put on a t-shirt and some jeans and waited until her mother came home from work.

     She got out of her room at 6:00 and saw her mother talking to Asahi in the kitchen. Her mother spotted her and went towards her. "You're actually going?" her mother asked.

     "Yes I am," she answered.

     "You're really going for once." The woman smiled at her with sad eyes. "Thank you. You've been changing so much these last few weeks. I feel really proud of you."

     [Y/N] bowed at her in gratitude. Thinking about Hitoshi, her eyes softened. It wasn't her whom her mother should be thanking for; it was all Hitoshi's doing. He had been helping so much lately and changing her life for the better. She still wasn't sure what his motive to do all this was for, but nevertheless, it will always be appreciated.

     Putting on her shoes, she stared at her family that wasn't exactly her family these past few years. If her mother was proud of her, she wanted to make Hitoshi proud too.