Personality Changes

[Y/N] bit her lips at the sound of those words. He was standing in front of her and watching her carefully. She wasn't sure what to do or what to say now that she was caught. Hitoshi noticed her discomfort and decided to speak up first. "So what did you come over here for?" he asked her nonchalantly. Then he chuckled. "Don't feel bad; I don't think you as a stalker just yet."

      That made her regain her composure. "I'm sorry for asking so much of you...but could you give me advice on how to handle the gossip...about me?" she questioned.

     He shook his head at that and her eyes went back and forth as she stared at his bangs swinging. At the sight of that, her panic spiked up again. Until he answered. "Don't apologize either. I promised you I'd help and support you, remember?"

     "Oh....okay," she muttered.

     Suddenly, Hitoshi's brown eyes hardened up. It scared her a little and her shoulders tensed up. "Who were the people that gossiped about you?"

     "Just some random people," she brushed it off. "All I need to know is how to ignore them though."

     "Ignore them?" he sneered. "No, [Y/N], we can't just let them get away like that."

     She blinked at the boy in front of her in disbelief. She thought he was a really kind and nice guy. Why would he care about getting other people punished so much? Why was he getting angry so easily about this topic? It wasn't even about him....it was about her. "What do you mean?" she said.

     He rubbed his eyes warily and took a deep breath. "Sorry. Forget what I just said. I'm getting worked up over nothing."

     "Then can you help me with this?" she asked.

     He removed his hands from his brown eyes and he grinned widely at her, as if nothing from the past few minutes just had happened. She furrowed her forehead in confusion. "Of course I will. I got some ideas on how to handle it, but first, let's get out of this building. Everyone else is already gone."

     She turned and saw that there was no one else besides her and Hitoshi. She had forgotten they were still in school. The two of them walked out and left the already empty building. Walking outside in the sidewalk, they soon had to part each other. "I'll come and help handle this situation with you another day, okay? Sorry I have basketball practice....maybe I should just skip," Hitoshi rambled.

     "No, don't skip practice for me," [Y/N] interrupted. "As you said, we can do it later."

     He pouted dramatically at her. "Humph...you're better than stupid practice though. Fine. See you later."

     She waved at them and off they went. Well....off she went, but of course, the boy's eyes stayed on her until she totally disappeared from his sight.

     She walked the way home and entered the house. Walking up the stairs, she met her mother cooking in the kitchen and her brother playing on the Xbox one. Asahi glanced up from his video game and his eyes brightened up at the sight of his sister. "[Y/N]! Play Ark Survival with me!" he urged at her. He patted on the couch next to him, so she hesitantly sat down. She did promise to hang out with him after all.

     "H-how was school?" she asked him.

     "It was boring, obviously," he scoffed. "What's the point of school anyway?"

     She almost felt her lips curve up. Not surprising. Most teenage boys were like that.

     Her attention spanned back to the screen and a dinosaur popped up. Hopefully, there was going to be some bonding time between a brother and sister tonight as they play a game with dinosaurs.