Bright Days

Believe it or not, but days were now flying over [Y/N]'s head. Back then when she was all emotionless and her life was a repeating page, the time ticked ever so slowly. She did basically nothing, no interactions with anybody whatsoever, and only did actions to survive. Which were eating, drinking, sleeping, and going to school, because she was forced to go. It was all bleak and dark and she was all chained up in her own darkness.

     Nowadays, the entire world in front of her was beautiful. Everyday she woke with something to actually look forward to. That something was....Hitoshi and also her family. She finally had a goal that she wants to achieve. That was to open herself more. She finally had a reason of wanting to live.

     A week had passed since the day at the amusement park. And each day at school Hitoshi would try anything to make [Y/N] laugh. Sometimes she didn't understand the humor of what he was telling her, but when she really did understand, she would let out the loudest snort-like laugh.

     It was Friday morning and she was currently walking to school. Looking up at the beautiful early morning sky and the sun that was just peeking a little over the horizon, she felt peaceful. She stared at her surroundings and listened to the chirpings of the cute little birds on the tree branches with a smile on her face.

     When she got to the school, the purple headed boy was leaning against the tree as he waited for her. Her heart skipped a beat at the sight of him and she walked up to him.

     "[Y/N]! Finally you're here! You made me wait so long!" Hitoshi teased her, grinning ear to ear.

     "Sorry," she said, not looking apologetic at all.

     He then draped his arm across her shoulders playfully and led her into the school. "Come on, Science is the first class. I'm sure you wouldn't want us to miss that, would you? I think we're doing some lab today."

     Her eyes perked up at the mention of the word science. "Really? Then we should definitely get going," she replied eagerly. This time it was her that was leading the way, not Hitoshi. She tugged on his arm and pulled him into the science room.

     They settled into the classroom the minute the bell rang, so they sat down into their desks. The teacher came in and gave the class a quick lesson before he told them to go to the labs and follow the instructions up on the board. "Get into groups of two and go to an open lab. Follow the instructions on the board and remember to take turns."

     "Be my partner?" Hitoshi asked almost immediately to [Y/N].

     "Sure," she answered and the two of them rushed to a lab. They put on safety goggles and checked out the chemicals and tools on the table.

     "You seem pretty fascinated by all of this," stated Hitoshi. "Is science your favorite subject?"

     "That obvious?" she responded.

     "Yes," he chuckled. "Through those silly safety goggles I could see the deep motivation you have within your eyes."

     She tilted her head and was lost in her thoughts for a few moments. "To be honest, even before I had released my emotions out to the world, I was already interested in this subject. It's weird, but every time I come to this classroom, there would always be an invisible force that would pull me in. I try to resist it, but the urge would usually overcome me," she explained. She bit her lips and felt awkward for saying so much in one time, but Hitoshi didn't seem to care.

     "I'm jealous, [Y/N]," he said. She turned to look at him after reading the instructions on the board.

     Carefully turning on the boiler, she asked, "Why?"

     Hitoshi helped her by doing the next step, which was pouring a certain chemical into the boiler. "You're so passionate about all of this. I wish I could be as passionate as you." He thought for a few seconds and added with a smirk, "Also, I wish you could also be as passionate about me."

     She widened her eyes and blood rapidly rushed to her cheeks.

     He laughed at her reaction. "I'm just joking with you. Sorry."