Muddled Mind

[Y/N] walked through the sidewalks and approached the gloomy school building. February was approaching soon and the snow on the ground was slightly melting. She frowned. She still wanted it to be wintery and cold. She entered the school to hear hushed voices whispering around the hallways. She wondered if it was still about the girl who bullied her; the girl named Yui. A few days ago she heard that the girl went missing and saw Sakae, her other bully weeping for her friend.

      She abruptly stopped when she finally made out the words from the whispering crowds. Somebody whispered, "I can't believe that there are now three people missing. First Sora and Yui, and now Sakae?"

     [Y/N]'s face paled and started hurrying towards her lockers. Sakae was now missing as well. All three of these people had interacted with her before they went missing. This couldn't be a coincidence, could it? Were all these missing people her fault?

     She took deep breaths and leaned on her locker, feeling faint. Suddenly, somebody popped up beside her out of nowhere. She regained her composure and stared at Hitoshi with nonchalant eyes. "Hey [Y/N], how are you?" he asked her in a cheery mood.

     She ignored his question and responded with another question. "Have you heard that Sakae went missing?"

     Hitoshi widened his eyes and frowned, looking no longer cheery. This made [Y/N] feel bad for ruining his good mood. "Oh.....no....I...I can't believe it...Poor Sakae. How could there be three people already going missing?"

     "I don't want anymore people to go missing like this. There must be a person involved in this. Why are there three people gone missing?" she murmured softly.

     She felt a soft, warm hand clasped around hers and stared at Hitoshi. He had a comforting smile on his face. "Don't worry [Y/N]. You will always be safe. I will make sure of it," he declared.

     "I'm talking about the others. Not me," she told him. She knew she was caring too much on this. She knew she was starting to open her heart to other people. She knew she wasn't supposed to be doing this. But how can anybody not care when there's three people who could be lost, kidnapped, or even worse, killed? She wanted to punch the walls and scream for her stupid actions.

     She mentally sighed and pulled her hand back from Hitoshi's hand. The warmth faded away and she found herself yearning to put her hand back to his. She gritted her teeth at her thoughts and decided to go to class. No. She definitely doesn't want Hitoshi to hold her hand again. She didn't care about him. It was just that the news confused and muddled with her mind. Going to class will help her clear it.

     As she walked to her classroom, she heard more whispers. There were students whispering in the classroom before class would start. For some reason, she heard somebody say her name so she stopped abruptly at the doorway to the classroom. She didn't enter it and instead stood there to listening to the conversations.

     A guy with a raspy voice said, "Yeah, I know right? I can't believe no one had ever suspected [Y/N] as the one who kidnapped the three missing people."

     Another person added, "She was literally involved with those three people before they disappeared. I heard that Sora talked to her, because he had a crush on her or something. And we all know that Yui and Sakae bullied her. This is probably her way of revenge or something? I always knew something was up with her."

     [Y/N] couldn't believe what they were saying. This made her want to hit the wall and scream out her lungs even more. Her life was turning into a living hell.