Jealousy

It was Monday and [Y/N] had school once again. There was a project that she had to present in front of the whole class, so she had to stay up all night last night to work on it.

     She would never speak in class, but when she would present surprisingly really well, they would all be shock.

    She arrived to school while holding the poster beneath her arm. Hitoshi found her and went to her.

    "What are you holding?" he asked her.

    "Just a project," she explained curtly.

    His mouth curved to an 'o' and his head nodded. He wanted to see what she did, so he grabbed it from her without asking and flashed her a sheepish smile. She didn't care and shrugged. He opened it and saw that it was a project for English.

     His eyes softened when he saw her neat handwriting. It was also so formal. He traced his fingers across the paper and bit his lip.

    The bell rang, so [Y/N] took it back and went to her locker to store her backpack and the poster away. Before she totally left, Hitoshi yelled out at her. "See you later, [Y/N]!!"

     She blushed when she saw some eyes staring at them and walked even faster.

     The day passed and it was now time for her English class. She grabbed her poster and walked into the class on time.

     Presentations were only about two to three minutes each, so that everyone would be able to go today. The teacher chose people randomly to go up there and they would present. As she waited for her turn, she watched others present—some stuttering badly while others were perfectly great.

     Her name was finally called by the teacher, so she went up there calmly and presented.

     As usual, her classmates all widened when she opened up her mouth and explained her project clearly. When she finished, her classmates clapped for her and she went back to sit down.

     Soon enough, everyone was able to present and they still had class time. There was five minutes left and the teacher didn't have anything else for them to do. They were allowed to have free time. All of the students cheered at this and they hurried to their friends to talk for the time remaining. [Y/N] just sat there and took out her earbuds to listen to music.

    Staring blankly around with music blaring into her ears, it wasn't until they were in front of her that she noticed.

    Two girls stood in front of her desk and they weren't looking friendly at all. She sighed, but took out her earbuds and stared at them blankly.

     "You don't seem to talk at all in this class, [Y/N]," said the brunette hair girl one. Yet again, they knew her name while she didn't know theirs.

     "And then just today, you're able to talk so good in front of the teacher? That just doesn't make sense," sneered the other girl, who had blonde hair.

     She shrugged at them, already feeling tired of talking to them, even though she hadn't even opened her mouth yet.

     "Which makes us wonder why a boy like Hitoshi would ever want to talk to you?" said the brunette. So these girl were the ones who hated her then. Not many would actually face her and would rather whisper behind her bac. It was a bit surprising.

     She shrugged again at them and the blonde girl went to grab her arm.

    "Stop doing that and talk. You can talk, can't you? You just did before. Go open your damn mouth and say something," she snarled. They expected [Y/N] to flinch, but she didn't and instead stood up as the bell rang. She shook the girl's grasp from her and walked out.

    Meanwhile, a boy said that he needed a bathroom break and left his classroom to see another classroom. When he peeked in to look for a certain someone, he was not pleased at what he saw.