Family Relationships

Since [Y/N] had already hung out at his place before, Hitoshi convinced her to let him come to her house this time. She had agreed to this plan and was excited for it, but there was one thing on her mind. She hadn't told her mother that she had started dating him yet and she was probably going to have to tell her before he comes to hang out. She knew her mother was either going to tease her or disapprove it, but she didn't feel like it would be right to keep it as a secret.

     So walking out of her room, she headed into her mother's bedroom to find her using the laptop. Her mother noticed her and motioned her to come in. [Y/N] hesitantly walked to where her mother sat on the bed and mustered up as much courage as she could. "Um....so you know that Hitoshi is coming over tomorrow, right?" she began.

     The woman grinned and eargerly nodded. "Oh yes. He's such a nice, young man."

     "Before he comes over, I just want to tell you something important," she muttered, biting her lip uneasily. Her mother waited for her to say something with patience. She took a deep breath. "I started.....dating him a few days ago."

      Looking to see her mother's reaction, the woman in front of her made no movement for a while. Then all of the sudden, a few tears sprung out of her eyes and [Y/N] panicked at the sight of it.

     "Mom!" she exclaimed in fear. "What's wrong? Should I not date Hitoshi?"

     Her mother quickly shook her head at her and laughed through the tears. "That's definitely not it, honey. Of course I'll allow you to date him," she sniffed, wiping her tears. "It's just that....I'm super proud of you. During all these past years I thought I lost you due to what had happened to daddy. But now you're back and I honestly can't believe my eyes. Live a beautiful life, okay?"

     [Y/N]'s eyes grew soft and she smiled at her mother who had just cried in happiness for her. "Yes, I'll live it as best as I can," she promised.

     "Come here," her mother told her. She walked closer to her and her mother gestured her to sit down beside her on the bed. She did as told and the woman's gentle arms soon wrapped around her. Then she pressed her face on top of her head and pressed a kiss there. "Even though you were gone from me all this time and I couldn't seem to do anything, I always loved you. And I still do too. Remember that you're never alone."

     This was the second time someone had told her she was loved. It touched her heart deeply, but she wasn't sure if she was at that level of affection and feelings yet. Because of this, she had only nodded and held the woman's frail hand tightly.

     The door slammed open and standing there was her brother, Asahi. "You have a boyfriend?" he asked right away.

     Embarrassed that he had overheard, she denied it. "No I don't."

     He rolled his eyes. "I already heard everything, don't even try," he said. He placed his hands on his hips. "Why don't I have a girlfriend yet? I'm gonna go and get one now, okay? Maybe I'll download Tinder or something."

     "Asahi, you're not going to do that," their mother warned him. "Focus on your education or else you'll be punished."

      "But why does [Y/N] get to have one and I can't?" he complained.

     "Just get to bed already," she scolded. "Don't compare yourself to others. That's not a good habit to have."

     "I'm not sleeping yet, it's the fucking weekend," he argued. "I still have ten more game sessions with my buds." He stomped out of the room and their mother yelled after him for his language and for his disrespect.

     She turned to [Y/N]. "Be around your brother a little more often, alright? He needs to learn from you on how to respect me. He's been getting so out of hand lately."