Elegant

They left the humid barn and reached the open air. They had already seen every animal that was in the barn and it did interest [Y/N] a little. There were chickens, roosters, bunnies, pigs, and goats. They were all farm animals, but each of them looked different from each other and had different uses. Now that she thought about it, it made her sad that she never went here as a child. The six year old [Y/N] would've loved this place.

     "Okay," said Hitoshi, snapping her out of her gloomy thoughts. She turned her head and looked at him expectedly. "We're going to look at some of the bigger farm animals. They might also scare you little, but usually all of these animals won't hurt you at all, unless you provoke them."

     She nodded. They started walking again and Hitoshi looked around to find where the animals were at. Staring at the area, [Y/N] noticed that the place was actually really huge.

     When Hitoshi finally found what he was looking for, he led her through some people and into a shorter, but longer barn. He brought her inside and there she saw were some really big creatures. They were tall and long, but skinny. They had beautiful long hair running down from their heads. There were a lot of color ranges for these animals; from white to brown to black. They stood there in their stalls and looked proud.

     This was her first time seeing horses. She had heard about them, but never had she seen them. She thought.....they looked....elegant.

     Hitoshi glanced at her, unsure whether she was scared or not, but she answered his question before he could even ask. She stepped into the barn—stable and went towards a stunning black stallion. He dropped his jaw at the sight of her doing so, feeling confused. But he followed her.

     As if she was mesmerized, she felt as if she was being pulled in by these horses. She slowly took out her hand and raised it up towards the horse. She hovered her hand near the horse, as if asking for permission to touch it. The horse didn't do anything, so she took that as a yes. She went to stroke the horse's side. It neighed and allowed her to.

     "This...this is incredible," Hitoshi breathed. She looked to her right and saw that he was standing there, by her side. "How are you not scared of horses?"

     "I...don't really know," she replied, squinting her eyes in wonderment. She ran her fingers through the horse's mane. The texture felt unusual to her. "I just had this gut feeling they won't hurt me."

     "So you're scared of chicks, but not of horses?" teased Hitoshi, one side of his lips curving up. "I thought it would be the other way around."

     "You never know," she shrugged. Then she went to meet all the other horses. Soon, it was time for lunch. She bit down her urge of wanting to stay here forever, but she exited the stables with Hitoshi. Glancing back at the stables, she suppressed a sigh. Never had she felt such excitement. It was a weird, jittery feeling. All she wanted to do was run back and look at the horses.

      She also knew that people could ride on these horses. She thought about it. Would riding be the sense of freedom? Would it erase all of her problems, even for just a moment? Would it finally be a place where she could just enjoy life?

     "Hey [Y/N]! Can I buy you a horse?" Hitoshi asked her. She froze right on the spot, shocked. He let out a laugh and scratched his purple hair. "Just kidding!"

     "Oh," she responded. She tried to convince herself she was not disappointed and continued walking.