Chapter 5

We spent a nice afternoon and evening in family, going so far as to getting ice cream cones after dinner. By the time we got home Aubrey was knocked out in the back and went back down in her bed with no problem.

"Now I take you to my bed." Dom said, picking me up bridal style.

We still haven't gotten married but neither of us see a big deal about it. We're together and that's how we'll stay. We'll walk down the aisle whenever it feels right for us to do so. After we got Aubrey in bed and Dom decided he was taking me to bed we actually jumped in the shower. We spent a while in there just fooling around before we actually made it to bed.

Next morning everyone was up early; Mia was getting Jack ready for school, Dom and Brian were going to the garage and I had to take Aubrey to a doctors appointment. I was going with Mia to drop Jack off then we were going to the doctors, Aubrey starts pre-school next week and I just want to make sure that everything is ok.

Brian took both kids with him to get into the van while Mia and I walked out of the house with Dom a few steps behind us. Mia and I stood there looking at the three of them with smiles on our faces although Mia looked a bit worried about something.

"Dom, you have a package out here! It's from Tokyo!" Mia shouted.

"Probably something from Han." I said.

"Tokyo? What, is Han trying to convert me over to a turbocharger?" Dom chuckled.

"Hey babe, have you heard from my uncle?"

I hadn't heard from him in a while and I was growing worried. Even when he's on jobs he calls and checks in with me, Bree loves him and his daughter.

"Not lately, last I heard he was gone on a job."

"What are you smiling at?" I asked him.

"Brian in a minivan. Things have changed." he said.

"He's struggling, Dom. He doesn't want me to see it but the white picket fence is like an anchor on him. I can tell. I tried to talk to him about all of this the other night, you know what he said? He doesn't miss the girls, he doesn't miss the cars . . . he misses the bullets." she said.

"Let him settle in, give him time. He loves both of you Mia, some men just take longer adjusting." I told her.

"How does eight months sound? I'm having another baby." she said with a smile.

"Congratulations." I said, hugging her.

"And you didn't tell him, did you? You gotta tell him." Dom told his sister.

"I don't want him to be disappointed with his life. Disappointed with me."

"He will never be disappointed with you." Dom said.

"Mia, you're the best thing that's ever happened to him. He doesn't doubt to tell that to anyone that listens." I said.

"Thank you." she replied.

"Come on, let's go. Babe?"

"I'll be there in a second." he said, pulling his phone out.

Mia and I kept walking until Dom shouted.

"Get down!"

He ran and the three of us landed on the ground, out of nowhere there was this huge explosion. I couldn't really see anything behind me and it took me a second to focus on what was happening.

"Aubrey!" I shouted, getting up and running alongside Mia to reach the van.

My poor baby girl was screeching in the car but thank God and Brian that nothing happened to either of the kids. Once he heard the blast he shut the van door but the force of it threw him against the car, cracking the window. I opened the door and pulled my baby into my arms, trying to soothe her.