Chapter 24

KAYLEE'S POV

He looked so small in his father's big arms. My little Aiden, he's perfect and he's okay . . . he's perfect. I was so worried about having the baby early but the doctor said he was simply ready to be a part of the world. I was starting to feel tired but I honestly don't want to go to sleep, he's just too handsome to look at and I want to enjoy every part of it.

"You can go to sleep, I'll be here with him." Dom said, looking up at me with his happy smile.

"Are you sure that you want to stay?" I asked.

"There's nowhere else I'd rather be." he replied.

I laid there watching them bond and fell asleep pretty quickly. Next thing I know there are more people in the room and it's light outside. I knew that Dom was still in the room because I just know when he's around. It's like I can sense him whenever he's near me.

Dominic Toretto is the love of my life but I'm not sure that we're meant to be together in this or any other life. The things that he's put me through aren't fair, I'm no saint I know that and life isn't fair but I . . . I honestly don't think that I deserve this from him or anyone else.

"Hey honey, you're finally awake." Cara said.

"You did good girl! You've got a champ here." Roman said.

"Why are you carrying my baby?" I asked him.

"He was crying and the nurse thought I was cute." he chuckled.

"Give me my child."

"Yes ma'am, here's the little champ."

"That's my baby boy, el niño de mamá. He's perfect, just perfect. Hi Aiden, hola mi bebé." I whispered, kissing the tip of his nose.

"Momma, he's so little." Aubrey said as Dom placed her on the bed.

"So were you, you were actually smaller than him." I told her.

"Hey, I've got Mia on the phone. She wants to video chat with Isabella." Dom said.

"Isabella? She had the baby?" I asked him.

"She had her baby last night, about an hour and a half after you did." he chuckled.

"Put her on video." I said while our family gathered around my bed.

"Great! Everyone's there, say hello to Isabella Conner." my sister said as soon as the video came in clear.

"Mimi, say hi to Aiden Toretto." I told her as the happy tears fell.

"They share a birthday!" we cried, making everyone laugh.

"How are you feeling?" Mia asked.

"I'm good, a little pain is to be expected but I'm really good. Better now that I have him in my arms." I replied.

"I know the feeling, everything is better now that she's here." Mia said.

"Where's the buster?" Dom asked.

"Checking on Jack and Letty over in the kids area. They have a room for kids now, where they hang out. The nuns have been amazing." she said.

"Hey! What's up family?" Brian asked, walking into the camera screen.

"Congratulations daddy! Hot papa in the room!" Roman said.

"It's a girl! Our kids share a birthday Dom, party time." he said.

"Here I thought I could get away from you." Dom said.

"Look Brian, say hi to little Aiden." I chimed in.