Chapter 27

"That's crazy, I don't believe that for a second." Cara said, shocking me.

"Now it's my turn, what?"

"I don't believe that for a second. I've never seen two people more perfect for each other than you and Dom. Every relationship goes through hardships Kay, every relationship, granted you and Dom take that extremely literal. I don't think you should just give up sweetie, that man loves you. He's an idiot but he loves you and you love him. Just give yourself time to heal from the hurt, I understand where you're coming from but I do think that you're meant for each other." she said softly.

"I don't know anymore Cara, how can he say that he loves me yet turn around and sleep with Elena? How do you do that to someone you love?"

"He was undoubtedly wrong there and he knows it. It was more than a mistake because it happened more than once, it was a choice and he knows he made the wrong choice. Losing family is the worst thing to him and he risked losing it all over a roll in the hay."

"I don't know if I'll ever be able to trust him again C, he's not the man that I know anymore. Knowing that he did this turns him into someone that I don't know. He's already here, called me from Mia's house when you were out getting lost."

"You gonna take the kids tomorrow?"

"I'm not sure yet, I might have you take them. I really don't want to see him but I can't avoid him forever."

"You don't give yourself enough credit."

"Credit? I ran like a coward to another country, with our children and without telling him, to get breathing space. There is no credit to be given or had. I took the cowards way and I accept that, I want to say that I didn't have a choice but I did."

"Let me take them tomorrow."

"No, I've gotta face the fire. You can come with and buffer though, I'll appreciate that." I replied, deciding on the spot that it was the right thing to do.

"Absolutely, I'm here for you chica."

"What am I going to do Cara? I don't know what to do, I don't know what I want, I'm not the first person to get cheated on but I feel like this threw my life for loop. This wasn't something that I ever expected him to do and I can't get over the fact that I'm going through this again."

"That's the thing, it did throw you for a loop. You've been together for years now and this came out of left field for you. The trust will never be the same after this but I know that you will work this out."

"We'll see what happens."

"You need a shower, you need to sleep. Kaylee, you haven't slept in over 36 hours." she said, pushing me out of the seat.

"Yeah, I'll do that."

After a very hot shower and checking on my son I laid down and effectively lost all consciousness. I don't know how long I'd been awake to be honest but I do know that it was a long time and the sleep felt really good when I woke up in the morning about 15 hours later.

I could hear the kids, well Bree making all sorts of noises with Cara. I swear it's like Cara is a child in an adults body, she gets into more trouble than Aubrey does.

"Momma!" Bree shouted when she saw me.

"Welcome back to the world of the living." Cara said.

"Why didn't you wake me up when the kids got up?" I asked her, picking Aiden up.

"There was frozen milk baggies in the freezer and I can whip up a bowl of cereal. We didn't need you, right Bree." she said with a smile.

"We didn't need you momma." Bree said, laughing hysterically.