Chapter 15

"You going to your godparents?" he asked when I hopped off the car.

"Yeah, I've got my things there. You know I don't want any of my weapons around Aubrey, it was the best place I could think of."

"I'll see you at your parents then, I've got to go get mine from what's left of the garage."

"I love you - you idiot."

"I love you too beautiful." he chuckled.

It was still light out but the darker colors of the night sky were starting to swirl in and steal the light. By the time that I made it to the house the dark blues had managed to steal the show and little of the reds and yellows remained.

As soon as I walked into the house something felt off. There was a light on in the living room, one of the little table lamps and I know for damn sure that I did not leave any lights on. When I got a little closer I realized there was something on the table, that was the dead giveaway.

Laying on the table, carefully placed was a necklace that I owned a long time ago. In college type of long time ago, Deckard Shaw was or is here. Moving silently I grabbed the gun that I had hidden in the secret panel on the wall behind the sofa.

Slowly I made my way around the partially dark living room and into the dark hallway. I couldn't hear anything out of the ordinary but I am dealing with black ops boy so I wouldn't hear him anyway. Right when I thought I was alone a hand shot out, knocking the gun out of my hand and a hand covered my mouth.

I could feel myself being pulled against a hard chest but no matter how I tried to free myself it was futile attempts. He had a hard grip on me and was not letting go. Out of memory I knew that he was taking me to kitchen and as soon as we got there he let go of me before turning the light on.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I demanded.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me, what the hell made you think that you had the right to break into my house? That you had the right to put your hands on me?"

"You never complained before." he said with a smirk that did not amuse me.

"That was over a decade ago! You're gonna have to get used to the fact that you're not getting what you want here." I said, sensing his anger bubbling.

"I always get what I want."

"Not this time, I'm not leaving with you anywhere and you're not going to win this. Give up and make this easier for us. Make this quicker for me to go see my daughter."

"You seem to think that I can't handle this."

"It's just you Shaw, there's no way that you're gonna get the best of us. I won't allow it, I'm over this already and just want to go home."

"What home?"

"You son of a bitch!"

Unconsciously I raised my hand to slap him but he grabbed my wrist before I could make contact, just an inch away from his cheek. Now the anger was obvious, boiling in his eyes and the tight grip he had on me again.

"Stop it! Don't ever try to do that again." he said menacingly.

His other hand wrapped around my throat and he knocked me up against the wall. My head hit pretty hard but I couldn't feel any liquid so I didn't break any skin. I was on the tips of my toes and he kept me like that, at arms length so that I couldn't do any real damage to get him to let go of me.

"You seem to think that I'm alone love. You ever hear the saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"? I'm going to assume that you have since you're not answering me, I have my assistance and I gave you a chance to do the right thing. You've still got tonight to think about it." he said, getting closer involuntarily.