Chapter 20

We spent a few days all together at Mando's place before heading off to a beach for Brian and Mia's "retirement". Mando stood behind because he had some business to take care of but sent us off with good wishes and a few job offers.

After running around for a few hours with the kids and Mia I went to sit down with everyone else. Dom quickly pulled me into his lap while they watched a pregnant Mia play with Jack and Aubrey.

"I can't believe the two of you are pregnant together." Brian said.

"We used to talk about it all of the time but I never thought it would really happen." I told him.

"Daddy! Daddy come play!" Mia shouted with a huge smile on her face.

"Yeah, be right there." he replied.

"Look at him! Look, go get him Jack!" Mia said.

"Yeah, buddy!" Brian said, launching his son in the air.

"Duty calls." Dom said with a smile that matched his sisters.

"It does."

"Hey, babe, come on!" Mia said.

"Let's get mama! Yeah, here we go!" Brian told his son, running over to Mia and my daughter.

"Yeah . . . because the sun is out man, I'm kind of medium rare but I can get like, well done. Like, really dark you know? What you nudging me for?" Roman argued.

"Can you shut up?" I asked as my daughter ran over to us.

"Just open your eyes man." Tej said as everyone watched Brian, Mia and Jack.

"Beautiful." Roman said.

"That's where he belongs." Letty said.

"Home, where he's always belonged. Where we belong." Dom said, kissing me and Bree.

"Are we going home daddy?" Bree asked him.

"Soon baby girl, we're going to a new home soon." he said.

For a second I felt sad, I grieved again for the home that we lost. My daughter spent the first years of her life in that house and because of something that we did she lost it, she lost everything that she had there.

"Things are gonna be different now." Roman said.

"I've got something to do, I'll see you later." Dom said, kissing me quicky.

"What are you about Toretto?" I asked him.

"You'll see later."

"You aren't going to say goodbye?" Ramsey asked.

"It's never goodbye." Dom said softly.

"Bye daddy! Momma, let's go back to the water. Everyone, let's go to the water." Bree said, grabbing everyone's hands one by one and "pulling" them up.

"I guess it's time to go to the water. I'm gonna get you." Roman said, making her shriek and run off.

I'm lucky, I'm really lucky to have so many good people in her life. I sat on the logs for a second longer and just watched as all of the adults in our family played along with Jack and Mia. She has so many people that love her, Jack and the babies that are coming too. We're just really lucky to have everyone here. Cara would've been here but Han isn't out of the park yet and I understand her needing to be there.

"Hey, where did Dom go?" Brian asked suddenly.

"He said that he had something to do, that he would be back later. Why?"