Chapter 14

"Are you insane? Out of your mind? Did the collision with Dom in LA shake something in your brain? I would never leave my family or my daughter."

"You can bring her with you, I don't mind children."

"You're insane, you really are. I'm not leaving my fiancé for you ever."

"He'll be leaving you doll, I think he's here already actually. It's ok though, I'll give some time to think about it and I'll ask you again in a few days when all of this is over. Good night love, sorry but you won't be seeing him again." he said.

"Shaw? Shaw! Fuck!" I stated when I realize that he hung up.

"Kaylee? Kay, they're gone!" Letty said as she ran into my room.

"Son of a bitch!" I shouted, dropping my head into my hands.

"What's wrong? Where's Dom and Brian?" Tej asked.

"I should've known that Brian would go to." I muttered.

"You knew they were leaving?" she asked.

"Of course, I was still awake when he left. I knew he would do this anyway. We're all a team yes, but we're not necessarily killers and that's what he's set out to do. He wants to end Shaw for the danger he's put us in. What they don't know is that Shaw is waiting for them."

"How do you know that?" Roman asked, having heard the last part.

"He just called me, he wanted to let me know that I wouldn't be . . . wouldn't be seeing . . . oh my God." I choked out as his words finally sunk in.

"They'll be fine." Tej said but I could hear the doubt in his voice.

"He's waiting for them . . . he knew they were gonna go . . . I . . . what if they don't . . ." I couldn't quite manage a full sentence with the tears coming out.

"Hey, hey, calm down Kay. They'll be okay." Roman said, sitting next to me.

"What am I going to do?"

"Hey! They will come back! I've never seen two men more in love than Dom and Brian, they will come back!" Letty said, taking my face in her hands sternly.

"Right . . . he promised me . . . he promised he would fight like hell to . . . to come back. He . . . he promised." I whispered.

"You see, do you want us to leave you alone?" she asked.

"No, I can't sleep . . . nightmares. I'll . . . g - go outside." I stuttered.

We walked out to the main area and they got comfortable on a sofa. I couldn't sit back down, my legs wouldn't sit still. When Roman and Ramsey came out Letty answered all of their questions for me. I don't know how long I paced before we heard something, a car pulling up. Tej and I ran to a window but before I could open the door he pulled me away .

He held tightly onto me as everyone hid behind something. We couldn't know for sure who was in the car and it's better to be safe than sorry. I knew all of this, it was clear as day to me but I just wanted to bolt out the door and figure out who's in there. Tej grabbed a socket wrench which was the first thing he found, ironically enough.

"Kaylee, babe where are you?"

I wrenched myself out of Tej's arms and ran into my fiancé's. I let the tears pour out unashamedly, I had to. He just held onto me tightly with both arms wrapped around my body, tightly enough to be slightly painful but I didn't care. He's here, he's with me and he's safe.

"What the hell happened?" Roman asked.

We all sat down while Dom explained and he didn't let go of me, not that I wanted him to. I know that he's keeping things out like he did in Brazil not to scare me and tonight I'm gonna let that happen, I'll let it slide. I don't want to know about what could've made him not come back, not this time.