Chapter 28

A/N: I wanted to do a double update to give everyone a glimpse back into happy Domlee. Things will get better, I promise.

"Thank you, you look pretty good yourself." I replied and it was true.

He was wearing a grey suit with a light blue shirt and matching grey tie. His eyes popped out against the colors like crazy, he just looked amazing.

 His eyes popped out against the colors like crazy, he just looked amazing

"Thanks, are you ready for . . ."

"Daddy!" Aubrey shouted when she heard her father.

"Hey beautiful, did you eat dinner yet?" he asked, scooping her up into his arms.

"Yeah, madrina Cara and padrino Han made dinner. Are you staying daddy?"

"Not right now baby, mommy and I are going out for dinner but I'll see you later on."

"Okay, you promise?" she asked.

"I promise baby. Give me a kiss."

They have this little routine where he'll ask for a kiss and she takes it very seriously. Aubrey puts a hand on either side of his cheek and kisses the tip of his nose, his forehead and each cheek before giving him a peck on the lips. It's adorable because she takes it so seriously and so does he, they have to do it everyday.

"You ready to go?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm ready. Niña, you behave for madrina and padrino okay?" I told Bree, kissing her forehead.

"Yes momma."

"Let me grab my coat." I told him.

Han came and took Bree to the living room, I could hear her laughter and it made me feel good about this. She's good, with people I trust and I'm going out with the man that I love to see if our love is strong enough to withstand the test that it's been put through once again. This will be interesting.

"Let me help you with that." Dom said, when I grabbed my jacket.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"To dinner, don't ruin the surprise." he said, while I pulled my hair out of my coat.

"Okay, I'm down for a surprise." I replied.

"Good, now come on."

The ride was easy, simple, he didn't push conversation so it just flowed which hasn't happened between us in a long time. He drove up to a hotel downtown that has a rooftop restaurant, the night was perfect for it and I've been dying to come here.

"Really?" I asked with a smile.

"I heard you tell Cara about it, I thought it would be a good idea."

"It really is very nice." I told him.

We pulled up to the valet and Dom ran out to help me out of the car before the valet could. He handed over the keys and escorted me inside where we took the elevator upstairs to the roof and it was beautiful. Roses were everywhere and their perfume scented the air.