Chapter 9

Each car had a GPS meter, counting down the feet we had until we needed to deploy the chute. I kept my eyes trained on mine until it hit 1,000 and then hit the button for the chute. Thankfully the car evened out, I could see the rest doing the same.

"You know I always thought a hot air balloon would be fun but this beats that tenfold." I told everyone.

"Trust you Kaylee." Brian said, chuckling.

It didn't take that long for the cars to touch the road and we hit another button to detach the chutes from the car. Some invisible men were going to collect the chutes and make it seem like they were never there.

"Car check, call it in." Dom said.

"Right here babe." I told him.

"Check." Letty called.

"Check." Tej said.

"I'm good. Let's do this." Brian said.

"Hello? Please, man get me out of here, somebody! No! The trees, help me!" Roman shouted.

"Damn it." I muttered.

"Sit tight, Roman. We'll come back for you." Dom said.

"This is not the plan!" Roman argued.

"Alright, you got one chance to hit them here, Dom. You miss, they'll make it to their black site and they'll squeeze whatever information they need out of Ramsey. The device and your chance of ever getting Shaw will be gone for good." Mr. Nobody said.

"That ain't gonna happen." Dom replied.

"I'll see you at the pickup." Mr. Nobody said and I swear I could hear the smile on his face, the man was permanently happy or on something, he's gotta be on some good uppers.

We drove along the mountain until we could see the motorcade and then it was time for everyone to get into gear. There were cars in front of and behind a huge black bus, Ramsey has to be in there. There was a six car motorcade, three sedans and three Jeeps. Two of each behind and one of each in front of the bus, all black "inconspicuous" vehicles of course.

"Ramsey will be in the bus." Brian said.

"No shit Sherlock." I added.

"Then let's do this." Letty chuckled.

Everyone stepped on it at that point and I'm pretty sure that they knew they had company. The four cars were in a straight line as they drove but suddenly they split up; sedans in front of the Mercedes jeeps.

Dom and Brian were in front when the back of both Mercedes jeeps opened up and a gunman was shooting like he was throwing candy in a festival parade. Both of them moved to the sides of the road for protection.

"Tej . . . Kaylee, shield!" Dom shouted.

"On it." I said.

"I'm on the way!" Tej said.

Both of us pulled up in between our team to take post in front of everyone since we had bulletproof glass all around the jeeps.

"Alright, formation!" Dom shouted.

We formed our own line, Tej and I were in front while the rest of the team followed behind both of us. We were still being shot at so Tej and I accelerated our cars. The team lined up behind Tej as was the plan, meticulously positioned in a perfect line.

"Kaylee, pull back!" Dom ordered.

With a snarl on my face I braked and let Tej pull ahead. I know it needs to be done for the plan but it doesn't mean that I have to like it. With the plan in mind I pulled up behind Dom.