Chapter 16

"I don't know why we gotta keep driving around like this. Why can't we just pull over somewhere, park, gather our thoughts in, like, a bunker somewhere?" Roman asked.

"Because this doesn't work like that." I said.

"We gotta stick close enough to the bad guys in order to get in range for Ramsey to hack them but we gotta be mobile enough not to get shot like fish in a barrel. So, do me a favor; focus on the mission and keep us from getting killed." Tej finished.

"So keep moving people, I've got a daughter to get home to and the sooner that this is over the sooner I can get to her." I growled.

"Yes ma'am." Roman said.

I met up with the team downtown and we followed Brian for a few minutes. Roman is right about this though, it is definitely no fun.

"Guy's they're here." Tej informed us.

"How many cars?" Letty asked.

"Uh, none and that's kind of the problem." he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"They have a chopper."

"Everytime we ask you that question you have a bad answer, last time it was a tank. Have mercy man." I sighed.

"Okay, let's give them the tour then. Break on my mark; three, two, one, Go!" Brian said.

After that everyone separated and it was game on. I had a separate laptop in my car, keeping tabs on where my team was going. With this I knew where everyone was, even Dom who was emitting radio silence. He's the one that I was worried about the most and the only one who wasn't in direct contact with us.

"They're in range." Tej said.

"Ramsey, start the hack." I said.

"Initiating . . . now." she replied.

"Alright, it's time to play the game." I told my team.

"You need to stop watching wrestling." Tej chuckled.

"Never, what else am I supposed to do with my spare time?" I asked.

"I think we lost the chopper . . ." I heard Ramsey say.

I'm pretty sure that she was talking to Brian, my suspicions were confirmed when he replied to her but things weren't smooth for long. We all heard as Brian and Ramsey started to grow uneasy to put it nicely.

"Football's hot! I need to lateral, Rome where are you?" Brian shouted.

"Running back and charging in!" Roman replied.

"Meet me on third and spring." Brian told him.

"You got it."

"I'm halfway there." Ramsey said.

I just realized that if they're using God's Eye then they're hearing all of this. Jakande and his people know where to find us, there's no code or hiding spots. They're on to us and we need to use that to our advantage.

"Alright people, let's get this going!" I told them.

"Wait. What happened, we were almost there? They've cut the signal! I can't finish the hack." Ramsey informed us after I heard a very specific boom.

"What do you mean?" Roman asked her.

"Brian, they took out the tower!" Tej informed.

"Damn it." I muttered.

"There has to be another way." Ramsey said.

"Wait, I'm seeing half a dozen cell towers between Sixth and State." I told them, having parked my car when Ramsey first informed us.