Chapter 36

What the hell is he doing? This guy is going to drive me nuts and I'm contemplating seriously maiming him. He's lost his damn mind and all to protect . . . no, I'm not going there again. This will work out for the best and then I can go back home to my babies. This is my last job, no matter what happens afterward.

"Damn." Tej muttered a few minutes later.

"Uh oh." I added, looking over his shoulder at the computer screen.

"What?" Roman asked.

"I think Cipher just rebooted that Sub's command system." Tej replied.

"What the hell is he talking about?" Roman asked.

"In layman's terms . . . she just carjacked a submarine." Ramsey said.

"We can't let it get away, there's the control room. If you can get me into that warehouse I can tap into the network and counter hack Cipher." I said.

"We can keep it from flowing into the water." Ramsey said.

"No, what we need to do is get me on that sub. I'll find the weapon's room and I can pull the launch chip before she can fire any of those nukes." Tej argued.

"That's too crazy." Ramsey and I chorused.

"Well what the two of you are proposing is too dangerous." he countered.

"We'll do both." Hobbs said.

"Yeah." I shouted.

"You're nuts. Let's go." Hobbs said, chuckling.

Hobbs was meant to go ahead of us, open the way for us to get into the base. He knocked out a cinder block wall with his big ass truck and we followed him inside. This is going to be a pain in the ass, the road is cold and freezing and I'm just getting more cranky as the damn day goes.

We pulled up in front of the sub and were met with heavy fire. Each of us ran out of our respective cars shooting at the Russians the same way they were shooting at us. We need to make some time, we need to get a window here where we can work without being interrupted and this is our best chance.

"Alright, let's haul ass team. Double time, double time. Kaylee, let's roll!" Hobbs shouted.

"Be right there." I replied, taking some of my anger out on the Russians.

"Move it woman!" he shouted.

"Fine!"

"Go, go, go!" Little Nobody shouted.

"Move, move! Get out of here! Go, go!" Letty shouted a few minutes later.

Letty and I ran ahead to the control room to clear it out. It took but a few seconds to do and then Ramsey was on the computer.

"Aren't you going to help me?" she asked.

"You've got this, there are a lot of them and a few of us. I'm helping with the perimeter security, you have this." I told her.

"Right, okay, how do you like this?" she muttered to herself as her finger flew across the keyboard.

"Get to work Ramsey, let's finish this." I told her.

"Are you okay?" Letty asked.

"No, I'm not, none of this is okay." I responded, following her out of the room

We all separated ways; Letty, Ramsey, my uncle and I were all in the control room trying to sever her link to the sub. Roman, Tej and Little Nobody went to the weapons room to pull the launch chip. This is gonna be fun.